The Student Room Group

Best graphical calc?

Mums buying me a graphical calculator for as a birthday present (rofl im a faggot), and I've seen some sick calculators but which is the best around?
Im doing C2/FP1 atm, and A2 maths/fm next year, is it going to be extremely useful or seemingly a wste?
Reply 1
I bought the Casio fx-9860GII and I feel that it has been a very useful tool so far, especially in A2 maths and statistics.
Reply 2
You aren't allowed a graphics calculator in the exam
Reply 3
Just make sure whatever you get isn't on the banned list (calculators shouldn't be able to perform symbolic integration.)

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 4
Original post by FloydRix
You aren't allowed a graphics calculator in the exam

Any exam paper on MEI after C1 clearly states "you are permitted to use a graphical calculator".
Reply 5
Original post by michael13
I bought the Casio fx-9860GII and I feel that it has been a very useful tool so far, especially in A2 maths and statistics.

Haha, our school was doing some offer for that calculator so I went and bought it. Incredibly useful in so many ways, so many things that I thought that could not be done has been done by that calculator!
Reply 6
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Instruments-TI-Nspire-CX-CAS-Calculator/dp/B005H3YKVU/ref=sr_1_16?ie=UTF8&qid=1359062424&sr=8-16
Should I get this for home use or should I get cheaper casio or something that could be used in the exam?
Reply 7
Original post by UKBrah
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Instruments-TI-Nspire-CX-CAS-Calculator/dp/B005H3YKVU/ref=sr_1_16?ie=UTF8&qid=1359062424&sr=8-16
Should I get this for home use or should I get cheaper casio or something that could be used in the exam?

Use the one Michael suggested above. I cannot recommend it enough, a lot cheaper than the one you linked to.
Original post by UKBrah
Mums buying me a graphical calculator for as a birthday present (rofl im a faggot), and I've seen some sick calculators but which is the best around?
Im doing C2/FP1 atm, and A2 maths/fm next year, is it going to be extremely useful or seemingly a wste?

You really don't need one. It will sit gathering dust from week to week.

Quick Reply

Latest