The Student Room Group

is my calc allowed

is the casio fw-991cw calc allowed for my maths higher gcse calc paper? some people have said it is allowed and others have said it's not. thank you.
(edited 5 months ago)
Allowed for what? You've not stated what you are studying or where. If it even is for studying - for all we know you're asking if it's allowed for calculating how much flour to put in a cake. Not sure how you expect anyone to give you any advice without that information.

In any event assuming it is for academic purposes, normally the best practice is to check with your course provider directly.
(edited 5 months ago)
Reply 2
Original post by artful_lounger
Allowed for what? You've not stated what you are studying or where. If it even is for studying - for all we know you're asking if it's allowed for calculating how much flour to put in a cake. Not sure how you expect anyone to give you any advice without that information.

In any event assuming it is for academic purposes, normally the best practice is to check with your course provider directly.

oh yeah oops i though i tagged it gcse. first time using this website. i meant for my maths calc paper gcse higher
Original post by badatmathss
oh yeah oops i though i tagged it gcse. first time using this website. i meant for my maths calc paper gcse higher

As indicated you are best off checking with your teacher - it may vary between exam boards for example.

That said, if you know what exam board you're doing you should be able to check this on the exam board's website I anticipate.
Reply 4
Original post by artful_lounger
As indicated you are best off checking with your teacher - it may vary between exam boards for example.

That said, if you know what exam board you're doing you should be able to check this on the exam board's website I anticipate.

ok thanks

Quick Reply

Latest