The Student Room Group

C to A in maths in three months?

I'm really worried about maths, I'm in year 13, got three months till the exam. Honestly, I have achieved Bs and As before, but not regularly, and in my mock I got a C. I really want to do well in maths but i dont even know where to start. I've started to try by just doing past papers but I get so anxious I'm wasting my time because I'm worried that I'm just memorising these questions rather than actually understanding whats going on? Im so scared abt the exams, i dont even know where to start. Any advice/experience?
Original post by unxmutual
I'm really worried about maths, I'm in year 13, got three months till the exam. Honestly, I have achieved Bs and As before, but not regularly, and in my mock I got a C. I really want to do well in maths but i dont even know where to start. I've started to try by just doing past papers but I get so anxious I'm wasting my time because I'm worried that I'm just memorising these questions rather than actually understanding whats going on? Im so scared abt the exams, i dont even know where to start. Any advice/experience?
I got a B in my mock and when I sat the real exams I got 5 marks away from an A*. The mocks are meant to scare you and the real thing really ain't that hard. Advice:

Do short notes (diff/integration/graph rules) for each topic and go through questions per topic subsection

Familiarize yourself w the formula booklet

Your graphic calc is your best friend so learn to use it to your advantage (checking ans/trial and error)

Do PPQs but any questions you don't understand, check the mark scheme, note down the Q and answer, search up a YT walkthrough of that PPQ.

PPQs rlly are the way to go as the same sort of questions appear every year (specially mechanics and stats).

I revised for a month only and did all the above. You got this!

Quick Reply

Latest