The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Better
Ah I see cheers my man! Yeah glad you mentioned the past paper thing a few weeks before.

Nah you are a beast ! Strong strong effort mate keep it up

Thanks! I hope you manage to get your grades to what you want! Just remember it's worth giving up your social life now for the social life when you get to uni :smile:
Reply 61
Original post by Rhodopsin94
Thanks! I hope you manage to get your grades to what you want! Just remember it's worth giving up your social life now for the social life when you get to uni :smile:

....... You couldn't have said it to a better person I actually Lol'ed.

Thanks for reminding me though. As long as I get into UCL or KCL, I can do what I want but for now I need to keep focused!! But yeah mate I'm heading to sleep need to start waking up earlier like 7am each day, I waste so much time just getting my brain in gear when I wake up at 9
Original post by Better
....... You couldn't have said it to a better person I actually Lol'ed.

Thanks for reminding me though. As long as I get into UCL or KCL, I can do what I want but for now I need to keep focused!! But yeah mate I'm heading to sleep need to start waking up earlier like 7am each day, I waste so much time just getting my brain in gear when I wake up at 9

Yeah, to get into Cardiff is all I want, and I do exactly the same haha! So yeah, on that note, I'm off to bed so I can hopefully be productive too

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Better
Ah I see cheers my man! Yeah glad you mentioned the past paper thing a few weeks before.

Nah you are a beast ! Strong strong effort mate keep it up

One thing I did with past papers for the last exam was after marking it and giving an overall % get a piece of paper and write out Q1 - what the question was about - then my percentage for that question. Do that for the whole paper then you can see immediately what topics you need to revise most :smile:
Reply 64
Original post by hrbrox
One thing I did with past papers for the last exam was after marking it and giving an overall % get a piece of paper and write out Q1 - what the question was about - then my percentage for that question. Do that for the whole paper then you can see immediately what topics you need to revise most :smile:

So so smart. Okay I marked a C3 and C4 Solomon Press I did and fortunately can apply your Method there too.

Pretty scared about Physics. I hope I can get Mod1-4 Done and all the Text Book Exam Style questions by the time I get back!
visit douganacademy for tutorial study help
Reply 66
Hi everyone, I just finished making some revision cards and I was wondering if anyone can be bothered to look through some of it and check if I've missed anything. You're of course welcome to use them to revise as well if you want.
Reply 67
Original post by GeorgeL3
Hi everyone, I just finished making some revision cards and I was wondering if anyone can be bothered to look through some of it and check if I've missed anything. You're of course welcome to use them to revise as well if you want.

George why are you such a beast?

Btw, just starting Mod 3 now, hopefully I can get Mod 3 Questions done by end of tomorrow.

There don't seem to be many equations given for Mod3-5

How much of it is just stuff you need to know vs Calculation Style questions??

Edit: Just opened this now. FML you will definitely get an A* or at least more than 85/100 on this paper. Let's hope I can do that too

-____-
Reply 68
Original post by Better
George why are you such a beast?

Btw, just starting Mod 3 now, hopefully I can get Mod 3 Questions done by end of tomorrow.

There don't seem to be many equations given for Mod3-5

How much of it is just stuff you need to know vs Calculation Style questions??

Edit: Just opened this now. FML you will definitely get an A* or at least more than 85/100 on this paper. Let's hope I can do that too

-____-

Yeah there aren't so many equations in those sections, especially module 4 where the only equations are intensity and the larmor frequency.
There's seems to be much more stuff you just need to remember than calculations in those modules. Like remembering the values for a parsec or what exactly was happening 10^-3 seconds after the big bang. At least most of it's relatively interesting.
Haha, thanks, that's the aim. I just have to try and make sure I remember it all now.
Reply 69
Yeah there aren't so many equations in those sections, especially module 4 where the only equations are intensity and the larmor frequency.
There's seems to be much more stuff you just need to remember than calculations in those modules. Like remembering the values for a parsec or what exactly was happening 10^-3 seconds after the big bang. At least most of it's relatively interesting.
Haha, thanks, that's the aim. I just have to try and make sure I remember it all now.

Kk quick question - I've gone through Mod 3 once now, but now clarifying over small details. You revision sheets sometimes have extra details that aren't in the book. What books did you use?

If anyone can help
So spec says "estimate nuclear density" or something like that.
Density = mass / volume. (Volume of Sphere is given) (Mass = no. of nuclears x by 1u unified atomic mass unit)

But RADIUS. In the book it doesn't clearly state where you work out the Atomic or Nucleus Radius. So I don't know whats going on.
Reply 70
Original post by Better
Kk quick question - I've gone through Mod 3 once now, but now clarifying over small details. You revision sheets sometimes have extra details that aren't in the book. What books did you use?

If anyone can help
Density = mass / volume. (Volume of Sphere is given) (Mass = no. of nuclears x by 1u unified atomic mass unit)

But RADIUS. In the book it doesn't clearly state where you work out the Atomic or Nucleus Radius. So I don't know whats going on.

The main places I got all the information from was the syllabus, the standard A-level textbook, the powerpoints and the notes and on the first post. Anything extra may be notes we were given in class or something.
I think if they ask us to do that then they will give a value for the radius or maybe just give the volume.
Original post by Better

If anyone can help

Can't remember exactly what the book said, but doesn't it show that r = BQ/mv or something on one of the pages. If so, then is there a magnetic field given (for B), along with velocity (v)?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 72
Can't remember exactly what the book said, but doesn't it show that r = BQ/mv or something on one of the pages. If so, then is there a magnetic field given (for B), along with velocity (v)?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah George cleared things up - its Mod 3 for the Rutherford experiment, you just do Density = Mass over Volume.

And the Radius is like 1-4 Femtometres, or exactly its quoted as r=1.2x10-15

Bit confused where they got the radius value from but its more vague than I think.
Original post by Better
Ah George cleared things up - its Mod 3 for the Rutherford experiment, you just do Density = Mass over Volume.

And the Radius is like 1-4 Femtometres, or exactly its quoted as r=1.2x10-15

Bit confused where they got the radius value from but its more vague than I think.

Ah fair enough, I do recognise that value actually, but yeah, no idea where it came from. I'll have to give it another look-over, when I revise that module again. I still need to revise some G484 at some point!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 74
Ah fair enough, I do recognise that value actually, but yeah, no idea where it came from. I'll have to give it another look-over, when I revise that module again. I still need to revise some G484 at some point!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah bro, so do I good reminder. Personally I'm trying to get through Phys 5 before I get back to school though, been a bit distracted today though :frown:
I know this isn't relevant but you guys are pretty clever so if someone could help, would be greatly appreciated:smile:

Using the "signpost language",which of these options shows that a definition is coming up?

1.We can trace this process...

2.What do we mean by...

3.The reason for this is...

4.In the same way...
Reply 76
Original post by enlighten25
I know this isn't relevant but you guys are pretty clever so if someone could help, would be greatly appreciated:smile:

Using the "signpost language",which of these options shows that a definition is coming up?

1.We can trace this process...

2.What do we mean by...

3.The reason for this is...

4.In the same way...

I think 2. is most likely to ask for a definition.
For example, what do we mean by half life?
Half life is the mean time taken for half of the active radioactive nuclei in a sample to decay.

I don't think the other options would fit a definition so well.
I think 2. is most likely to ask for a definition.
For example, what do we mean by half life?
Half life is the mean time taken for half of the active radioactive nuclei in a sample to decay.

I don't think the other options would fit a definition so well.

Thank you:smile:
Pushing my luck here but if anyone could help with this, would be great to help with getting info quicker :smile:

To search for internet pages that contain the phrase "Third World debt", what should I enter?

1.Third AND World AND debt

2.Third OR World OR debt

3."Third World debt"

4.Third World NOT debt

I'm thinking maybe 3 ?
Reply 79
Original post by enlighten25
Pushing my luck here but if anyone could help with this, would be great to help with getting info quicker :smile:

To search for internet pages that contain the phrase "Third World debt", what should I enter?

1.Third AND World AND debt

2.Third OR World OR debt

3."Third World debt"

4.Third World NOT debt

I'm thinking maybe 3 ?

If I was searching I'd definitely just use no. 3, the other words just seem to confuse google.

Latest

Trending

Trending