The Student Room Group

Of mice and men controlled assessment.

I have a controlled assessment tommorow and I'm my mock I got a D. The question is:

Explore the ways in which Steinbeck shows the four characters in chapter four to be weak. How does this effect the way they react to each other?

Please all my other controlled assessments are to a grade A*-A standard, and I don't want to slip of the edge on this one.

My teacher goes that I am story telling, but I don't know how to do it. How do i start off?

How do I finish?

Thank you!
Reply 1
You always use the question to start off so:

In chapter four of Of Mice and Men, John Steinbeck portrays Lennie, Crooks and Candy as characters that are weak.

Then choose th first character, make a point, use a quote then fully explain your answer in detail and relate back to the question.

Ending:

To conclude, John Steinbeck portrays three main characters as being weak in chapter four of Of Mice and Men and uses a number of tenchniques...

Hope I helped!
Reply 2
Thanks. I have done the controlled assessment and got band 5 26/30 marks, but my teacher is a very harsh marker so the moderator may give it more!! =D

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Majeee97
Thanks. I have done the controlled assessment and got band 5 26/30 marks, but my teacher is a very harsh marker so the moderator may give it more!! =D

Posted from TSR Mobile

i got 27/30 ! :smile: haha but the teacher we had practically told us word for word what to write and we were allowed to use our books and copy from our drafts in the actual controlled assessment,just don't let AQA know as I'm pretty sure that's cheating,oh well it seems there are pros that come with going to worst school going ! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending