The Student Room Group

Is Bin Laden really dead?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Camoxide
seriously-will-the-comparisons-ever-stop-nope-415-1233301641-2.jpg

He needs to get a move on if he's to destroy America. Someone needs to tell him he's in his second and last term! Time's a ticking.
It's a mystery. We can only trust that what the media and American government is saying is true.

As crass as this sounds, the American government should have allowed the press to publish images of Bin Laden's dead body...then well know for sure.
Original post by andypandy11
He needs to get a move on if he's to destroy America. Someone needs to tell him he's in his second and last term! Time's a ticking.

Well in comparison to the last American President, he's not doing so bad.

Bush was so bad that the majority of America didn't want another white President to win :lol:
Original post by Sufistic
Hey, I killed Bashar al-Assad, and dumped his body into the river. I didn't take any pictures or videos; you'll just have to believe me.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Pics or didn't happen.
Reply 144
Neither of them are theories, they are both speculative hypothesis.

You seem to be missing my point. I am not saying who is right and wrong. I am simply pointing out that simply because they are called 'conspiracy theories' it does not preclude them from being correct. I am tackling the way 'conspiracy theory' is used to discredit valid information.

I have just looked it up. http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/topten/usama-bin-laden. There's even a link to it, it contradicts what you've said, basic "Googling". You're disinformation, incompetence and embarrassing propositions are highly amusing. Really now, I have given you one quick link which took me 10 seconds to find to shoot down what you said, bet you won't offer anything in return. Because you have nothing.

You easily found the link, but don't seem to have read what he is wanted for. 9/11 is not mentioned.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 145
Original post by Iamyourfather
It's a mystery. We can only trust that what the media and American government is saying is true.

As crass as this sounds, the American government should have allowed the press to publish images of Bin Laden's dead body...then well know for sure.

Yeh right! That'll stop the conspirators.
Original post by MatureStudent36
I think the Papparazzi would have a bit of difficulty operating in Pakistan.

Good point but the media is very good at passing things on and getting their hands on leaked news.
Original post by snowyowl
Did you want topless photos of Bin Laden then?

JUst an example,
Reply 148
There is quite a bit of information about the verification process on the net. This is one example
http://www.theatlanticwire.com/national/2011/05/dna-tests-not-good-enough-deathers/37286/

The problem with this type of thing is that if the attack was a sham, it would have been known to the organisers from the outset. So they would have been prepared for skepticism. They can pretty much provide anything they want for media consumption, including DNA tests, but there is no way of knowing if they are real or not. Photos are a bit harder as they are open to direct scrutiny, and can be discredited as with the known fakes mentioned. It boils down to we just have to rely on the word of people who have already been regularly discredited as liars.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Aliccam
There is quite a bit of information about the verification process on the net. This is one example
http://www.theatlanticwire.com/national/2011/05/dna-tests-not-good-enough-deathers/37286/

The problem with this type of thing is that if the attack was a sham, it would have been known to the organisers from the outset. So they would have been prepared for skepticism. They can pretty much provide anything they want for media consumption, including DNA tests, but there is no way of knowing if they are real or not. Photos are a bit harder as they are open to direct scrutiny, and can be discredited as with the known fakes mentioned. It boils down to we just have to rely on the word of people who have already been regularly discredited as liars.

Are you still wearing your tin foil hat
Reply 150
Original post by MatureStudent36
Are you still wearing your tin foil hat

Watch the video on post 42, you might learn some more pathetic retorts.
Original post by Aliccam
You seem to be missing my point. I am not saying who is right and wrong. I am simply pointing out that simply because they are called 'conspiracy theories' it does not preclude them from being correct. I am tackling the way 'conspiracy theory' is used to discredit valid information.

You easily found the link, but don't seem to have read what he is wanted for. 9/11 is not mentioned.

That is nothing more than an FBI poster for the public. It was produced before 9/11. It is not a criminal indictment. It also does not exclude 9/11. You also claimed they had not enough proof/evidence it was him, we don't know that from a poster.

I don't really see what you're point is though, it's not evidence of a conspiracy. The perceived absence of "evidence" by you does not imply a conspiracy.
Original post by nulli tertius
I am sorry. I missed the US invasion of Saudi Arabia.

I think they shot him at close range...I don't think they were welcome...ergo "invasion."
Original post by BingTaoBing
I think they shot him at close range...I don't think they were welcome...ergo "invasion."

I accept they were invading his house but not his country. He is Saudi and he was shot in Pakistan.
Reply 154
He's attempting to break his own reccord for the world hide and seek championship?
Reply 155
That is nothing more than an FBI poster for the public. It was produced before 9/11. It is not a criminal indictment. It also does not exclude 9/11. You also claimed they had not enough proof/evidence it was him, we don't know that from a poster.

This was your link not mine, though it DOES exclude 9/11. It is not mentioned anywhere on it.

I don't really see what you're point is though, it's not evidence of a conspiracy. The perceived absence of "evidence" by you does not imply a conspiracy.

You obviously don't see the point. I am saying that if it was bin Laden and associates (more than one person) as the officially story is, it is a 'conspiracy' by bin Laden and Associates. As it is yet unproven (no indictment) it is a theory (or if you prefer a supposition).
If it wasn't bin Laden and associates (or bin Laden & co with help), as it would still have involved more than one person it is a conspiracy, and as this is also unproven it is also a theory (or if you prefer a supposition).

This whichever it is, this means they are both 'conspiracy theories'.
Original post by Aliccam
This was your link not mine, though it DOES exclude 9/11. It is not mentioned anywhere on it.

You obviously don't see the point. I am saying that if it was bin Laden and associates (more than one person) as the officially story is, it is a 'conspiracy' by bin Laden and Associates. As it is yet unproven (no indictment) it is a theory (or if you prefer a supposition).
If it wasn't bin Laden and associates (or bin Laden & co with help), as it would still have involved more than one person it is a conspiracy, and as this is also unproven it is also a theory (or if you prefer a supposition).

This whichever it is, this means they are both 'conspiracy theories'.

You need to learn a little bit about US law. The FBI is a Federal investigative agency. It only has Federal jurisidiction. The 9/11 attacks took place in the State of New York and the Commonwealth of Virginia.

I still don't understand what you're saying. Are you saying that because every crime Osama was alleged to have committed is not on that poster, it means the government didn't have enough evidence against him?
Reply 157
You need to learn a little bit about US law. The FBI is a Federal investigative agency. It only has Federal jurisidiction. The 9/11 attacks took place in the State of New York and the Commonwealth of Virginia.

I still don't understand what you're saying. Are you saying that because every crime Osama was alleged to have committed is not on that poster, it means the government didn't have enough evidence against him?

Sorry you are unable to understand my point.
Original post by Aliccam
Sorry you are unable to understand my point.

The onus is on you to prove what you perceive as a lack of charges on a "wanted" poster is somehow significant.

And... even if you did somehow show that, it doesn't point to a government conspiracy!
You know - I honestly do not know. The news says he's dead and I think they showed an image (did they?), but if you ask me, I actually genuinely do not know.

If he was alive since before being killed in that operation, he certainly seemed to evade capture for over a decade.

Furthermore, I do marvel that some tribal men in the desert can cause so much trouble to the world's most expensive and advanced military - bit ridiculous. And now, that army now has drones and all sorts of advanced military technology and they've still effectively lost the war (whatever war they were engaged in).

The saying still stands -

"Afghanistan is the graveyard of Empires."

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending