The Student Room Group

Ripped my skin off by waxing, what should i do?

I was waxing and now the areas red and hurts and idk what to do.
Reply 1
Not medical advice - This is a mild burn, and if it is superficial redness with no blistering keep the area clean and dry (and if the skin is intact and it needs soothing just use a mild antiseptic cream like Savlon)

If the skin is leaking fluid, or oozing slightly, don't apply creams or antiseptics. Gently cover the area with a sterile 'sensitive skin' dressings but try not to put any adhesive plaster directly onto the damaged burnt skin (or it will rip the skin off when you remove it) Clothing will irritate and stick to the fluid emitted by burnt skin. You may need to put a sterile dressing over the area to avoid a thousand clothing fibres all getting stuck to it and the action of this bacteria laden hair fest creating an infection.

It is also difficult to put a plaster over your eyebrows (if that is where the burn is) If you can brazen it out just put up with any visible redness without covering it and it will go in a few days. Any signs of nasty 'soggy' redness, extreme pain or swelling seek medical advice it may have become infected. Don't pick any scabs!
(edited 6 months ago)
Original post by Muttly
Not medical advice - It's a mild burn. If it is superficial keep the area clean and dry (and if it needs soothing use a mild antiseptic cream like salon) If the skin is leaking fluid, or oozing slightly, clothing will irritate and stick to the burnt skin. Gently cover the area with a sterile 'sensitive skin' dressing (make sure you are not allergic to the plaster adhesive) but try not to put adhesive plaster directly onto damaged burnt skin. Obviously it is difficult to put a plaster over your eyebrows (if that is where it is) If you can brazen it out just put up with any visible redness without covering it and it will go in a few days. Any signs of nasty 'soggy' redness, extreme pain or swelling seek medical advice it may have become infected. Don't pick any scabs!

Ok thanks yh its just red, i put some anti septic cream on it. Im just worried as now i have to red marks on my face
Reply 3
Red marks will fade eventually - just try and ignore them completely and leave them alone. If you pick or rub them it will leave scar tissue. If you ignore them most people won't give it a second glance (apart from your best mates who will mercilessly take the p*ss from you and still get mileage out of this months later - don't you just love them?)
Original post by Muttly
Red marks will fade eventually - just try and ignore them completely and leave them alone. If you pick or rub them it will leave scar tissue. If you ignore them most people won't give it a second glance (apart from your best mates who will mercilessly take the p*ss from you and still get mileage out of this months later - don't you just love them?)

Lol, yh idk is their any way i can hide it
Reply 5
Original post by Boooooredasf
Lol, yh idk is their any way i can hide it

Your having a laugh mate!!

Quick Reply

Latest