The Student Room Group

My mum wants me to bin my school books when I finish my GCSE's

I dont want to but she is forcing me to, what should I do??
Reply 1
I guess it depends on why. Are they taking up too much space somewhere? If yes, and you don't need them to support A levels, then offer them to a freecycle/buy nothing group or a local charity that supports families in need. Actually putting them in the bin would be wasteful
Reply 2
Original post by ReadingMum
I guess it depends on why. Are they taking up too much space somewhere? If yes, and you don't need them to support A levels, then offer them to a freecycle/buy nothing group or a local charity that supports families in need. Actually putting them in the bin would be wasteful

Would other people use books that I have wrote in though?
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
Would other people use books that I have wrote in though?

ah - if you are talking about exercise books then they should just get put in the paper recycling - not bin. I thought you meant text books.
Reply 4
I dont want to but she is forcing me to, what should I do??

Why don't you want to throw them away?
If its because you like something you wrote on some of the pages then, go through them, ripping out the pages you don't want.
Reply 5
ah - if you are talking about exercise books then they should just get put in the paper recycling - not bin. I thought you meant text books.

Revision guides I am selling but im not sure what to do with exercise books
Reply 6
Revision guides I am selling but im not sure what to do with exercise books

paper recycling
Reply 7
paper recycling

would someone else not use them or should i keep them forever?
you can take pictures of your notes and sell them. that's what i wanna do
would someone else not use them or should i keep them forever?

i dont think anyone else would use them as all the same information is availiable online, i dont think theres much point in keeping them unless they're going to be really useful for A levels
Reply 10
Original post by coolperson02
i dont think anyone else would use them as all the same information is availiable online, i dont think theres much point in keeping them unless they're going to be really useful for A levels

is it sad to bin them? will i want them back in the future?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending