The Student Room Group

Help deciding my options

I'm in year 9 now and I'm choosing my options. At the moment I am taking double science,history,French,food tech (tech was compulsory) and sociology. All I need is help in choosing my last option,for me it's between i.t and business studies. I am also open to taking other options. At the moment I am studying business at an after school club which will help me if I choose business as a gsces. what shall I take?:s-smilie: :confused:
Both ICT and Business Studies are interesting subjects. My Business GCSE was actually Business and Economics, which was half Business and half Economics. I really enjoyed it. ICT is quite easy. We spent most of our lessons doing the coursework, which meant that there was very little work to do at home. Also, the exam is very easy, its a 2 hour paper that is easily finished in under an hour.

ICT is unlikely to teach you anything which is particularly useful, whereas if you go on to study business/economics at A-level, then Business GCSE will be helpful, but it is by no means a requirement - there were plenty of people in my Economics class at A-level who hadn't done it at GCSE.

Speak to your teachers, they're likely to have a good idea of what will be good for you. Also think about what you might want to do later on in life, at A-level. At the end of the day though it is down to you.

Quick Reply

Latest