The Student Room Group

a level choices: english literature

hey guys so im deciding my a level choices for next year, ive chosen psychology, biology and chemistry for my fourth option im conflcited between english literature (aqa), sociology(cambridge) and physics (aqa). i really want to pick english literature so could anyone who does it please lmk how it is and if i should choose it?
my sister does english lit and she enjoys it BUT it is a lot of work and especially as you're studying four a levels... i study psychology and sociology and i find that sociology is pretty relaxed and both subjects are a good mix.
however, it is your choice at the end of the day so good luck <3
Reply 2
Original post by alevelstudent090
my sister does english lit and she enjoys it BUT it is a lot of work and especially as you're studying four a levels... i study psychology and sociology and i find that sociology is pretty relaxed and both subjects are a good mix.
however, it is your choice at the end of the day so good luck <3

ive also heard theres a lot of work for literature and considering my other subjects which are sciences it may be difficult to manage, i might choose sociology as im doing it for gcses and i enjoy it, thank you sm for the help good luck to u tooo
Original post by anonymous2682
ive also heard theres a lot of work for literature and considering my other subjects which are sciences it may be difficult to manage, i might choose sociology as im doing it for gcses and i enjoy it, thank you sm for the help good luck to u tooo

you can choose lit if you feel like you can manage but please don't burn yourself out. you would rather get good grades in your a levels to give you bigger options for the future and also sociology is a relaxed subject as i mentioned and it shouldn't stress you out too much. that's good you enjoy it at gcse :smile: it's important that you find a subject interesting which then helps you to study better and maybe look at the differences between lit and sociology content and see what grabs your attention more. no worries:smile:. thank you so much xx
Reply 4
Original post by alevelstudent090
you can choose lit if you feel like you can manage but please don't burn yourself out. you would rather get good grades in your a levels to give you bigger options for the future and also sociology is a relaxed subject as i mentioned and it shouldn't stress you out too much. that's good you enjoy it at gcse :smile: it's important that you find a subject interesting which then helps you to study better and maybe look at the differences between lit and sociology content and see what grabs your attention more. no worries:smile:. thank you so much xx

aww no thank you for the guidance ill look at both courses but honestly i want a light subject as my other three are quite content heavy and seeing english lit has alot of work, but ill decide thanks again <33
Reply 5
Original post by anonymous2682
hey guys so im deciding my a level choices for next year, ive chosen psychology, biology and chemistry for my fourth option im conflcited between english literature (aqa), sociology(cambridge) and physics (aqa). i really want to pick english literature so could anyone who does it please lmk how it is and if i should choose it?

Heya!
What are you thinking of doing in the future? If you picked up all alvls you need to fill in the entry requirements then pick the one you would enjoy the most :h: Look at the content for each one and pick the one that sounds the most interesting, you can always change them early on. Also remember, unis just need 3 alvls!

I hope this helps!
Milena
UCL PFE
Study Mind
Reply 6
Original post by StudyMind
Heya!
What are you thinking of doing in the future? If you picked up all alvls you need to fill in the entry requirements then pick the one you would enjoy the most :h: Look at the content for each one and pick the one that sounds the most interesting, you can always change them early on. Also remember, unis just need 3 alvls!

I hope this helps!
Milena
UCL PFE
Study Mind

heyy im going into medicine and med schools mostly prefer if you have 4 alevels, according to my career advisor in school she suggested 4 alevels, to be fair i enjoy both literature and sociology but ive been thinking and im likely to choose sociology as i'd like a content light subject.
thanks for your help, i'll definitely check out the content and decide xx
(edited 11 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest