The Student Room Group

ocr a f325 revision thread

Scroll to see replies

I'm surprised people on here are saying it was easy; I found it to be the hardest F325 paper by a country mile. I need 85% in this paper, I was getting around 90% in the past papers..... I know I haven't got anywhere near 85% in raw marks.

Did anyone else find this paper extremely hard and confusing?
Original post by alow
I thought it went really well, what did you (or anyone) get for the last part of the last question?

I got NiSO4.7H20, and it matched my molar mass of 280.8, so I think it was right!
Hmmmmm I think it was a hard paper overall
Reply 3463
Original post by jess_m94
I got NiSO4.7H20, and it matched my molar mass of 280.8, so I think it was right!

Yeah I got that too
I found this paper quite difficult, it was better than Jan 2013 but not easy at all!! :frown: I really wanted a B or A but i doubt i've got it!
Lol at the 2 marker on photosynthesis, I know I got that completely wrong- it was so random!

i got 7 but i didnt put a salt down... how many marks lost do you think?
Lol at the 2 marker on photosynthesis, I know I got that completely wrong- it was so random!

that one was ok, i got 5.1 x 10^16. you knew G was that energy, then divide by delta H to give moles. Then times 44 to get the mass (n = m/mr)
Original post by master y
i got 7 but i didnt put a salt down... how many marks lost do you think?

Original post by master y
that one was ok, i got 5.1 x 10^16. you knew G was that energy, then divide by delta H to give moles. Then times 44 to get the mass (n = m/mr)

I dunno, maybe 1 or 2 marks? So you should be fine :smile:

I divided by deltaH, then divided by 6 because it was 6CO2, then x44, but like I said I most likely did it wrong because I just winged it :tongue: I normally get questions like that wrong though so I'm not too fussed :tongue:

I think I got 8.66x10^15 or something
This exam... F***

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thought the easy ones in that were very straightforward, and the hard ones I didn't know where to start! There was no middle ground :/
Original post by Jack9909
Thought the easy ones in that were very straightforward, and the hard ones I didn't know where to start! There was no middle ground :/

I thought the easy ones had some hard bits... like some rate questions... :O...
Reply 3472
i hv never been so panic after doing the exam, the last question i defintely got wrong, i put Ni(DMN)2 . 13 H2O

and then for the photosynthesis, i put 3.1x.....
I thought we found out the mole then x6
then = Mass/Mr?

The equilibrium question the tick tick box ?! i hv no idea. and then the Complex ion,, ****!!

Anyone please could u kindly post the unofficial markscheme or real paper?
i want to know how much marks im pretty sure losing...

chances getting into uni got slimmer n slimmer, OCR I hate u!
ermm. some good questions. some not so good. definitely easier than Jan 13. the 1/2 markers were weird. photosynthesis question?! last question was not nice. felt like i didn't have enough time.
so let the grade boundary predictions begin. i say 75 A. lol
Reply 3474
OCR obviously doesn't want us to go uni :frown:
I CAN'T BELIEVE I OVERLOOKED THE ACID BIT AND THE FACT THAT ITS A FLAMIN' SALT IN THE LAST QUESTION.

OH GOD, THIS IS AWFUL. I HAVE NO WORDS.

MY ENTIRE ANSWER WAS JUST RIDICULOUSLY COMPLICATED AND OBV VERY WRONG. 7 MARKS! :mad:
Original post by DurhamChemist
I'm surprised people on here are saying it was easy; I found it to be the hardest F325 paper by a country mile. I need 85% in this paper, I was getting around 90% in the past papers..... I know I haven't got anywhere near 85% in raw marks.

Did anyone else find this paper extremely hard and confusing?

I agree!!!!!
Original post by _HabibaH_
I CAN'T BELIEVE I OVERLOOKED THE ACID BIT AND THE FACT THAT ITS A FLAMIN' SALT IN THE LAST QUESTION.

OH GOD, THIS IS AWFUL. I HAVE NO WORDS.

MY ENTIRE ANSWER WAS JUST RIDICULOUSLY COMPLICATED AND OBV VERY WRONG. 7 MARKS! :mad:

if you missed out the salt bit, i think that'll only be worth 1-2 marks, i think the main bit was working out the moles of H20 ratio
Very unbalanced paper with extremelt easy parts at the start, then really hard at the end
Last question was a dream!!! It's clearly NiSO4.7H2O :biggrin: Well clearly a majority of candidates didn't get the answer so are feeling rather jealous, its just disappointing.
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending