The Student Room Group

OCR GCSE English Literature Paper 1 (J352/01) - 17th May 2023 [Exam Chat]

Poll

How did the OCR GCSE English Literature Paper 1 go for you?

OCR GCSE English Literature Paper 1 (J352/01) - Wednesday 17th May 2023 [Exam Chat]

Welcome to the exam discussion thread for this exam. Introduce yourself! Let others know what you're aiming for in your exams, what you are struggling with in your revision or anything else.
Wishing you all the best of luck. :yy:

General Information
Date/Time: Wednesday 17th May 2023 / AM
Length: 2h
Well done everyone!
(edited 11 months ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Bro everyone does aqa, it's so hard to find predictions for ocr, I do pride and prejudice (hate it, it's such a dead book to annotate), Animal Farm (actually interesting) , macbeth (love it) and love and relationship (its alright).
Hiya, I've made this official thread for OCR GCSE English Literature Paper 1 :smile: You can find the thread for paper 2 here
Reply 3
Original post by Pwca
Hiya, I've made this official thread for OCR GCSE English Literature Paper 1 :smile: You can find the thread for paper 2 here

Thanks!
Original post by Jay.4
Bro everyone does aqa, it's so hard to find predictions for ocr, I do pride and prejudice (hate it, it's such a dead book to annotate), Animal Farm (actually interesting) , macbeth (love it) and love and relationship (its alright).

omg yh literally no one does OCR. i do An Inspector Calls, Jekyll and Hyde, Macbeth, conflict
Reply 5
Original post by MidnightDancer5
omg yh literally no one does OCR. i do An Inspector Calls, Jekyll and Hyde, Macbeth, conflict

Ah you're so lucky, I really wanted to do inspector calls and J&H bc I prefer books like that, pride and prejudice is way too long and it's hard to pick out the right quotes to use
Reply 6
Original post by MidnightDancer5

i do aic too what theme do you think is going to come up?
Reply 7
I'm doing jane eyre and never let me go...

Good luck to everyone taking the test, lmao.
Good luck everyone :smile:

You've got this :dumbells:
Reply 9
jane Eyre was so good, aic was mediocre, overall pretty decent
Original post by raantaaro
jane Eyre was so good, aic was mediocre, overall pretty decent

i didn’t like aic that much tbh but jane eyre was lovely 🔥 which moment did you do for aic part b ?
Reply 11
Original post by ellallouiise
i didn’t like aic that much tbh but jane eyre was lovely 🔥 which moment did you do for aic part b ?

Inspector's arrival
Reply 12

i did eric's return at the beginning of act three because it starts very dramatically with 'you know, don't you' 🔥🔥 then this led to the inspector's final message and exit
Original post by Jay.4

I'm eduqas, it's even harder to find one there's not even a discussion board on here TwT

i did the moment where the inspector leaves, and i talked about his whole speech acting as a figure of morality
Reply 15
Original post by Hey Ellie :)
I'm eduqas, it's even harder to find one there's not even a discussion board on here TwT

Ah, how did it go for you?
Original post by Jay.4
Ah, how did it go for you?

Alright tbf, pretty good questions and extract. You?
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 17
Original post by Jay.4

My sister does ocr animal farm and said it was really bad, how did you find it? I do aqa and I was really lucky with my questions for acc and much ado.
Reply 18
Original post by Hey Ellie :)
Alright tbf, pretty good questions and extract. You?

It was actually pretty decent, like the pride and prej question was amazing but the animal farm one I had to like process it cz I was like wtf

But yea overall good
Reply 19
Original post by Scarlwtt
My sister does ocr animal farm and said it was really bad, how did you find it? I do aqa and I was really lucky with my questions for acc and much ado.

Yea the animal farm one alot of ppl found hard, I found it not the best but not the worst question on af

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending