The Student Room Group

ocr a f325 revision thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MathsNerd1
Okay thanks, I think my lack of understanding was because I never really took the time last year to understand Le Chatelier's principle, I guess I'll just have to read the question carefully and see what it's asking for before being able to respond with it. How would concentration effect the equilibrium though? Thanks for the help by the way :smile:

No worries, have you still got your AS book ? It explains equilibrium very nicely.

Concentration is pretty straightforward, so if you increase the conc. of H2 then the equilibrium wants to oppose the change by removing more H2 and so the H2 reacts with N2 and so more product is formed and hence, equilibrium shifts to the right.
Original post by otrivine
No worries, have you still got your AS book ? It explains equilibrium very nicely.

Concentration is pretty straightforward, so if you increase the conc. of H2 then the equilibrium wants to oppose the change by removing more H2 and so the H2 reacts with N2 and so more product is formed and hence, equilibrium shifts to the right.

I think it is still laying around somewhere in my room :tongue:

Also thanks for the information it's very helpful, I think I need to assess what the actual question is saying rather than just learning what happens for the different reactions and increases :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I think it is still laying around somewhere in my room :tongue:

Also thanks for the information it's very helpful, I think I need to assess what the actual question is saying rather than just learning what happens for the different reactions and increases :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes, you would get it trust me , its not that complicated :smile:
Yes, you would get it trust me , its not that complicated :smile:

Okay thanks, I'm just trying to find my weak areas in this unit and they're slowly reducing to nothing believe it or not, I'm starting to hope for 95+ in this exam or at least the 90's :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Okay thanks, I'm just trying to find my weak areas in this unit and they're slowly reducing to nothing believe it or not, I'm starting to hope for 95+ in this exam or at least the 90's :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

wow , very good, keep it up and hopefully you will be successful which I am sure you will be:smile:
wow , very good, keep it up and hopefully you will be successful which I am sure you will be:smile:

Thanks and so will you, we just need to keep up what we're currently doing and then you're bound to succeed :biggrin:
Thanks and so will you, we just need to keep up what we're currently doing and then you're bound to succeed :biggrin:

Thank you, very kind of you :smile:
Are lots of you doing the legacy papers or just sticking with the new spec ones?

If you are doing the legacy ones, are you finding them useful?
Has anyone got a copy of the JANUARY 2013 paper and mark scheme they can send me or upload please??
Does anyone have links to web pages or sheets on the types of calculations that we'll be tested on, such as buffer calculations? For example, a guide going through the calculations or work sheets to practice the calculations.

I feel that I've learnt most of the theoretical stuff and definitions, but I am terrible at the calculations.
Reply 1090
Original post by zef1995

Spoiler

WOW that is fantastic. None of our teachers explained it well but this is perfect :biggrin:
Thank you so much bro!
Original post by Gulzar
WOW that is fantastic. None of our teachers explained it well but this is perfect :biggrin:
Thank you so much bro!

Yay, I'm glad it all made sense :biggrin:
You're more than welcome!
Reply 1092
Original post by MedMed12
I watched videos on youtube
I also remember to start by writing out the final equation and writing the starting of the first line with the rate equation components, then play around with stuff until I get the same on each side totally to the final equation and other stuff cancelling out.

thank you, do you know a good youtube clip, because I have searched before and hadn't found a useful one yet :/
Reply 1093
Does anyone know how to do Question Number 4 - June 2011.

Jesus Christ what a difficult paper!!!!
Reply 1094
Could someone explain to me the difference between an orbital, a subshell and an energy level. For example when talking about why copper and chromium only half fill the 4s subshell they do this because its more stable with a lower energy level. I cant seem to work out/remember the difference between energy levels and orbitals and how that effects stability. Thanks :smile:
Reply 1095
I just marked June 2011.

I got a shockingly low mark. WOW.
Reply 1096
Original post by Funtry
Just got 93/100 in the Jan'11 paper, happy. Just gonna double check to make sure I wasn't too easy on the marking :frown:

Funtry you done June 2011 yet?

Please tell me what you score, I think I just got like a D in it.

I found it so hard. It was 72 for an A, low boundaries but still I don't know how some students found it so easy.
Reply 1097
Original post by Better
Funtry you done June 2011 yet?

Please tell me what you score, I think I just got like a D in it.

I found it so hard. It was 72 for an A, low boundaries but still I don't know how some students found it so easy.

Nope, I probably will have done by saturday? Plus, that means that it's easier than Jan'11 as that had a boundary of 65? I'll tell you what I thought :smile:
Reply 1098
Original post by Funtry
Nope, I probably will have done by saturday? Plus, that means that it's easier than Jan'11 as that had a boundary of 65? I'll tell you what I thought :smile:

Lol Jan 11 had a Boundary of 65? It was so easy in comparison.

Well just as a tip mate, I recommend just be confident in your own ability. I just went over the paper again and it actually wasn't too bad.

You just have to make alot of Educated Guesses and that takes alot of confidence. Just read everything you are given and break it down exactly.

I think there's only 1 question now that I don't understand now, I will ask my Teacher on Friday. About to do January 2012 now!! Will re-do this June 2011 paper next week!!
Original post by Better
I will ask my Teacher on Friday.

Aren't you currently off for Half term?:confused:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending