ocr a f325 revision thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1340
Original post by Amiraa
Quick question:

Cr2O7^(2-) + 14H^(+) + 8e^(-) ---> 2Cr^(2+) + 7H2O
Oxidation for Cr: +6 ----> +2

How comes its 8e^(-)?
From the oxidation number I would have thought it would be 4e^(-).
I'm I missing something in this whole idea? This is the answer for a question btw. This was the answer from the MS.
I am so confused, just when I thought I was good at these. ¬_¬

There is two chromium atoms, so we're actually going from 2x+6->2x+2 so +12->+4.
anyone else bored of revising the unit now? :/
Original post by IShouldBeRevising_
What drugs are you taking?

oh sorry, wrong thread...
and fyi, it's paracetemol, im ill.
Jan 2013 with Mark Scheme if needs it

F325 Jan 13.pdf
F325 Jan 13 MS.pdf
any else not doing papers yet, as there is only 5 and doing question packs?
Original post by MedMed12
any else not doing papers yet, as there is only 5 and doing question packs?

What question packs are you using? I've done all the past papers... :L
Original post by master y
What question packs are you using? I've done all the past papers... :L

my teacher gave us these packs of about 100 pages of questions about 60 questions maybe and so im doing them first before doing the 5 past papers which ill do from fri to sun.
my teacher gave us these packs of about 100 pages of questions about 60 questions maybe and so im doing them first before doing the 5 past papers which ill do from fri to sun.

Could I possibly have some of those please?
Original post by samcooke343
Could I possibly have some of those please?

I only have a printed version :frown: ill have a look on the school intranet

I would like a copy if you can find one, I'm sure they must have an online copy that could be uploaded to help :smile: Just out of curiosity what do these questions cover? Is it all the different parts of the unit or just specific ones?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MathsNerd1
I would like a copy if you can find one, I'm sure they must have an online copy that could be uploaded to help :smile: Just out of curiosity what do these questions cover? Is it all the different parts of the unit or just specific ones?

Posted from TSR Mobile

sure ill post them on here once ive found them or i can send an email to ask
whole specification-mixed
but there are some 'class assessments' and 'mixed questions booklets for each modules which we were given too earlier in the year.
sure ill post them on here once ive found them or i can send an email to ask
whole specification-mixed
but there are some 'class assessments' and 'mixed questions booklets for each modules which we were given too earlier in the year.

Thanks and wow, you've been given a lot of preparation stuff for this exam, my school doesn't really do anything extra, just past papers really :redface:

I'll be winging this exam slightly as I've not been completely prepped for it :-/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MathsNerd1
Thanks and wow, you've been given a lot of preparation stuff for this exam, my school doesn't really do anything extra, just past papers really :redface:

I'll be winging this exam slightly as I've not been completely prepped for it :-/

Posted from TSR Mobile

hmm we dont get given past papers though -she used to print them
the question booklets we were given ages ago were all the relevant old spec questions and some extra sheets from this chemistry book she has
the massive pack of 60 questions, I think were brought from a company :tongue:
only started chem today too :/
hmm we dont get given past papers though -she used to print them
the question booklets we were given ages ago were all the relevant old spec questions and some extra sheets from this chemistry book she has
the massive pack of 60 questions, I think were brought from a company :tongue:
only started chem today too :/

Well I had to print then all off as my teachers are incredibly lazy and won't do anything for me then wonder why I don't get the grades I should -.-

Very nice! You'll have a lot to practice on while I just blitz the past papers and do a few extra questions, I'll understand if you can't get those questions because if its from a company I'm sure there would be some copyright infringement if they got passed along :-/

Well lets go and ace the exam now and show how little time needs to be used :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1354
hello :smile:

could anyone please explain to me how to work out the rate-determining step...I cant seem to get my head around it
Original post by rosie66

could anyone please explain to me how to work out the rate-determining step...I cant seem to get my head around it

hey :smile:

basically write out what is in the rate equation as the start of line one

leave some space and write out the full equation
then its abit of trial and error/playing around to find things which equal same amount on left and right side as final equation

videos on youtube are good for this :smile:
Original post by rosie66

The rate determining step is just the slowest step in the reaction - the reaction can't go any faster than that step :smile:
Reply 1357

then its abit of trial and error/playing around to find things which equal same amount on left and right side as final equation

thanks I will have a look on youtube then :smile:

to make them equal why cant you balance like putting moles value
Original post by rosie66
thanks I will have a look on youtube then :smile:

np :smile: once you get it, it clicks :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending