The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Mechanical Engineering Application!!

aaaa, I am an international applicant from Singapore. It's been 5 months since I submitted my application and they have sent me nothing at all!! Luckily, I know a guy in ICL who told me all the decisions will be made before mid March, so I guess we won't suffer for too long.

Oh, here is one more thing, I got the offer for mechanical engineering from UCL, Bristol and Manchester (pooled and rejected by cambridge :angry:), I am really confused about which one should I choose as my safety school. Some how UCL has a extremely strong reputation but people told me their engineering courses suck. Pls people, give me some advice!!!:smile::smile:
I applied and done the interview in chemical engineering,but still no reply. I think if no reply before 23th, they will give you rejection on 30th March.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Original post by zyzwana
aaaa, I am an international applicant from Singapore. It's been 5 months since I submitted my application and they have sent me nothing at all!! Luckily, I know a guy in ICL who told me all the decisions will be made before mid March, so I guess we won't suffer for too long.

Oh, here is one more thing, I got the offer for mechanical engineering from UCL, Bristol and Manchester (pooled and rejected by cambridge :angry:), I am really confused about which one should I choose as my safety school. Some how UCL has a extremely strong reputation but people told me their engineering courses suck. Pls people, give me some advice!!!:smile::smile:

Some of my classmates in China has this situation. So many people are rejected on 30th March, we all in the pool now. But I think mechanical engineering replied a bit early than chemical. Cause I know chemical engineering will make decision in these two weeks, but almost all mechanical engineering students have known their outcome.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by zyzwana

I'm actually facing the same dilemma on whether to choose UCL as my insurance, I was told that lectures are quite boring and the lecturers aren't very supportive due to their strong emphasize in independent learning. But again these are only hearsay, and it might not be the case.
Reply 4
Original post by Iwantimperial
Some of my classmates in China has this situation. So many people are rejected on 30th March, we all in the pool now. But I think mechanical engineering replied a bit early than chemical. Cause I know chemical engineering will make decision in these two weeks, but almost all mechanical engineering students have known their outcome.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh.. that's a bummer.. are you saying all your classmates have received decisions for Mechanical Engineering already? Did any of them get in?
Reply 5
Original post by benjaminkhoo
I'm actually facing the same dilemma on whether to choose UCL as my insurance, I was told that lectures are quite boring and the lecturers aren't very supportive due to their strong emphasize in independent learning. But again these are only hearsay, and it might not be the case.

Dude, you see, most of the engineering teachers in UCL actually graduated from imperial... and we will be getting the same certificate anyway (from university of London).. so...
Reply 6
Original post by Iwantimperial

Posted from TSR Mobile

Dude... your grammar makes no sense... I can't tell if you have been through this before or you are just one of them.. What do you mean "so many people are rejected on 30th March"? Were they rejected last year?
Original post by zyzwana
Dude, you see, most of the engineering teachers in UCL actually graduated from imperial... and we will be getting the same certificate anyway (from university of London).. so...

Er, actually Imperial had left University of London in 2007. Besides i think the certificate will specify which college you graduate from.
Reply 8
Original post by benjaminkhoo
Er, actually Imperial had left University of London in 2007. Besides i think the certificate will specify which college you graduate from.

Oh, sorry, didn't know that.
Reply 9
Original post by zyzwana

Hi zyzwana! I am also an international applicant from Singapore:wink: I got my Mechanical engineering offer in March. Have you received your offer yet? I'm considering UCL as the insurance because of its overall reputation as well as its location..
Reply 10
Original post by hatakeQR
Hi zyzwana! I am also an international applicant from Singapore:wink: I got my Mechanical engineering offer in March. Have you received your offer yet? I'm considering UCL as the insurance because of its overall reputation as well as its location..

Haha, Nice, I got an unconditional offer so I just firmed it! Which school are you from? I am an IB student, what about you? We can meet up some time!
Reply 11
Original post by zyzwana
Haha, Nice, I got an unconditional offer so I just firmed it! Which school are you from? I am an IB student, what about you? We can meet up some time!

Wow that's nice! Congratulations! haha I'm from DHS taking A levels=)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending