The Student Room Group

Veterinary Medicine 2015 hopefuls!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mollyvet
It was Friday night! I wouldn't worry if you haven't had one yet, though...they'll send invites out in batches, so there may be more sent next week.

Thank you! I'm just impatient :smile:
Has anyone else not had their Track updated, but had an interview email from the RVC anyway?

My track hasn't updated either :nah:

I don't, I'm really sorry! I think it was on the RVC tag if that helps.

No worries, I tried having a look in there earlier but couldn't find much. If it was a couple of years ago then it's probably been lost to the ether but it was worth a try. Thanks for your help :smile:

Original post by Alex15
Thank you! I'm just impatient :smile:

:console: I'm sorry dude. Just remember that last year some people got their interviews a couple of weeks later. If it's any consolation, I'm still waiting to hear from Bristol and other people have had interviews for a month now. Vet schools work in mysterious ways :wink:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Little Tail Chaser
My track hasn't updated either :nah:

No worries, I tried having a look in there earlier but couldn't find much. If it was a couple of years ago then it's probably been lost to the ether but it was worth a try. Thanks for your help :smile:

:console: I'm sorry dude. Just remember that last year some people got their interviews a couple of weeks later. If it's any consolation, I'm still waiting to hear from Bristol and other people have had interviews for a month now. Vet schools work in mysterious ways :wink:

They're probably just doing it to annoy me :wink:
Do you have a source for this? (Not saying that I don't trust you! Just wondering if there's a RVC webpage/article that I haven't seen :smile: )

This is from an old post and was taken from RVC website but they don't seem to have the information anywhere now:
In 2012, according to their website, they had 1253 applicants, gave 511 interviews and made 345 offers. Probably because they are one of the biggest vet schools, they do seem to have pretty good odds.
Original post by Chestnut17
This is from an old post and was taken from RVC website but they don't seem to have the information anywhere now:
In 2012, according to their website, they had 1253 applicants, gave 511 interviews and made 345 offers. Probably because they are one of the biggest vet schools, they do seem to have pretty good odds.

Ahh right, thanks a lot :smile:

I assume that is for all of the courses (Biovet, Vet nursing etc)? Somebody on the Facebook page said that there are around 216 people in her year (for D100), and I doubt that they would have reduced the number of D100 places available.
Ahh right, thanks a lot :smile:

I assume that is for all of the courses (Biovet, Vet nursing etc)? Somebody on the Facebook page said that there are around 216 people in her year (for D100), and I doubt that they would have reduced the number of D100 places available.

No, for D100. They make give more offers than they have places since some people don't get the grades or go to another vet school.
Original post by Chestnut17
No, for D100. They make give more offers than they have places since some people don't get the grades or go to another vet school.

D'oh, of course :tongue: Sorry, brain fart there.

Thanks for your help :smile:
Original post by NMRegan
mine says December to February... I would really love to know how they categorize us!!

The email I got from them says December/January! Weird.
Original post by NMRegan
mine says December to February... I would really love to know how they categorize us!!

Oh so sorry! I just rechecked after seeing this and mine says December to February as well!
Are there any RVC interview dates so far other than the 10th, 11th, 15th and 18th of December? Just wondering 'cause the days seem rather random. Most places only interview on Wednesdays :tongue:
Has anyone else not had their Track updated, but had an interview email from the RVC anyway?

Mines hasn't updated either!

Has anyone with an interview for Edinburgh not had the interview notification on UCAS yet and only has a confirmation email from the uni itself? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3991
How have people completed the rvc interview form because I download it or anything?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 0802
How have people completed the rvc interview form because I download it or anything?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hmmm? Not quite sure what you mean but I just copied and pasted it into another email :smile:
Reply 3993
Yeah that's what I meant because there wasn't an attachment to open or anything so wasn't sure how to fill it in
Thanks for your help

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 0802
Yeah that's what I meant because there wasn't an attachment to open or anything so wasn't sure how to fill it in
Thanks for your help

Posted from TSR Mobile

No worries :smile:
Does anyone know how Bristol and Edinburgh hand out their interviews? Is it in waves (like we've all had from the RVC) or do you believe it's more of a, assess the applications as they see them and send out invites if they like the credentials?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CanineVet

Has anyone with an interview for Edinburgh not had the interview notification on UCAS yet and only has a confirmation email from the uni itself? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've had three interview invites by email and nothing update on track. Maybe track only updates for offers and rejections?
Original post by alwaysalex
I've had three interview invites by email and nothing update on track. Maybe track only updates for offers and rejections?

Original post by CanineVet

Yup. Track only includes offers and rejections. At least, it hasn't updated for any interview for me and only for rejection (:frown:)
Original post by possiblevet
Yup. Track only includes offers and rejections. At least, it hasn't updated for any interview for me and only for rejection (:frown:)

I think this is the case for most unis, however Glasgow for me sent out their interview on Track first, so it went through UCAS rather than direct email.
Has anybody recieved an interview from RVC for the 17th December at 9.15am? Everyone else seems to be on other days!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending