The Student Room Group

PwC Risk Assurance Split Scheme?

Hi,

What actually does Risk Assurance entail? More or less hours than regular Assurance/Audit?

I hear the opportunity to travel is greater in Risk Assurance? Is this true?

Thanks for any help!

Steve
Hi,

When I applied to the RAS split scheme I found this thread helpful:

http://www.wikijob.co.uk/forum/accounting-professional-services/pwc-rasassurance-newcastle-any-advice-etc

You can also look at all the posts that Accountant1981 has posted on wikijobs.

I didn't actually get asked really anything about RAS in my partner interview, but it is good to be prepared!

Don't go in to the interview thinking that you will be advising clients on how to deal with emerging risks such as political issues and climate change (you might get this impression from PwC's website, especially if you read their Risk leaflets, which I still recommend you do). But certainly for anyone junior RAS is very much IT assurance and controls testing.

The split scheme roughly works so that most of the year you do RAS and during the busy season you join core audit. At least that is how it is done in my future office (a regional one).
hey, pretty much what the above post says - it's not really environmental/political/economics risk, the guy in my partner interview talked mainly about IT projects. although it is not just IT, but I guess it's a big share of what RAS does.

I was asked about kind of activities RAS does in my partner interview, I did answer what they had on their website, but that wasn't enough, according to my feedback. the Gateway online graduate paper has an interview with one of PwC's RAS partners, have a look at that :smile:

as for travelling, I sure hope so, but it's likely to be the same for RAS and assurance
Original post by trouble-trouble
hey, pretty much what the above post says - it's not really environmental/political/economics risk, the guy in my partner interview talked mainly about IT projects. although it is not just IT, but I guess it's a big share of what RAS does.

I was asked about kind of activities RAS does in my partner interview, I did answer what they had on their website, but that wasn't enough, according to my feedback. the Gateway online graduate paper has an interview with one of PwC's RAS partners, have a look at that :smile:

as for travelling, I sure hope so, but it's likely to be the same for RAS and assurance

Hi, thanks for the info! Just checking out the interview now :smile: Did you get the job? Where abouts are you working?

Any idea on the hours compared to Assurance?

Thanks again :smile:
Original post by stevegradsearche
Hi, thanks for the info! Just checking out the interview now :smile: Did you get the job? Where abouts are you working?

Any idea on the hours compared to Assurance?

Thanks again :smile:

yes, London this September.

No ideas about the hours though, it depends on the industry season really, I would imagine quite similar to Assurance most of the time
Reply 5
Original post by trouble-trouble
yes, London this September.

No ideas about the hours though, it depends on the industry season really, I would imagine quite similar to Assurance most of the time

Woeful then :angry: lol

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending