The Student Room Group

PwC Offer

Hi everyone,

I've just got an offer for Risk at PwC - which I'm really happy about and will accept regardless.

However, I looked at my offer letter and saw that they are only offering £28000 for a London role. This is lower than I was expecting, as I know several people working at Big 4 firms (non-consulting) at around the £33k mark. Also, found an ad for the same role in Edinburgh where the pay is 33k: https://prosple.com/graduate-employers/pwc-uk/jobs-internships/risk-graduate-programme/

Given that PwC was in the news recently for increasing grad salaries, 28k seems a bit low to me? (Given how expensive London is). Just wondering if anyone can explain please? Thanks.
I cannot explain why the PwC salary is lower than expected - but I can tell you that for reason, I've found that job details on Prosple can sometimes be inaccurate, including the salary! I don't know where they get their info from, but on several occasions I've seen a salary there be several £000's off the salary stated on the actual employer website.

Have you checked in the PwC graduate 2023 thread, to hear from other offer holders? And also, do PwC pay bonuses or a London travel allowance? Perhaps that's why the base salary is so low?
Original post by gradgirl123
I cannot explain why the PwC salary is lower than expected - but I can tell you that for reason, I've found that job details on Prosple can sometimes be inaccurate, including the salary! I don't know where they get their info from, but on several occasions I've seen a salary there be several £000's off the salary stated on the actual employer website.

Have you checked in the PwC graduate 2023 thread, to hear from other offer holders? And also, do PwC pay bonuses or a London travel allowance? Perhaps that's why the base salary is so low?

Hmm thanks, I'll have a look
Original post by yhiebwieudojed
Hi everyone,

I've just got an offer for Risk at PwC - which I'm really happy about and will accept regardless.

However, I looked at my offer letter and saw that they are only offering £28000 for a London role. This is lower than I was expecting, as I know several people working at Big 4 firms (non-consulting) at around the £33k mark. Also, found an ad for the same role in Edinburgh where the pay is 33k: https://prosple.com/graduate-employers/pwc-uk/jobs-internships/risk-graduate-programme/

Given that PwC was in the news recently for increasing grad salaries, 28k seems a bit low to me? (Given how expensive London is). Just wondering if anyone can explain please? Thanks.

Hi

What was mentioned in your location and mobility section of the offer letter?

Do you have any clause saying you need to work in other UK location?

Thanks
Original post by growlife2001
Hi

What was mentioned in your location and mobility section of the offer letter?

Do you have any clause saying you need to work in other UK location?

Thanks

Hi,

It says my base is London but can be required to go to other offices/client sites/abroad ad hoc.
Hi,

It says my base is London but can be required to go to other offices/client sites/abroad ad hoc.

So it doesn't use the word permanently??
So it doesn't use the word permanently??

Actually sorry yes it does say permanently
Actually sorry yes it does say permanently

Are you not concerned by this? You can potentially be forced to move to another UK office
Are you not concerned by this? You can potentially be forced to move to another UK office

I have a few offers for other jobs and they all say it. I think it's pretty standard.
Ah I see. Do they all use the word permanently? Or anyone else use the word permanently?
(edited 1 year ago)
Congratulations on your offer! You are very lucky your whole career with amazing progression is ahead of you.
Reply 11
(Original post by yhiebwieudojed)Hi everyone,

Congratulations on your offer, i had my senior interview for the same role in Manchester in January still haven’t heard back from them

Hi everyone,

Reply 12
Firstly, you can ask HR about the salary and whether they would consider increasing this? It is their job to explain the possibilities with you.

Secondly, what salary do you think you can realistically obtain elsewhere, and how does your current offer relate to that? Will £5k make a significant difference to your goals? Keep in mind that having Big4 experience will increase your future earnings potential.

Personally, it does seem a little lower than I'd expect since £28k was the graduate salary over 5 years ago. I think it is worth speaking with PwC HR to ask them if there is any room for negotiation.
To those with offers, what info do you currently have?

I have an offer for audit sept 4th but idk what office I’m in and I haven’t given any bank details or signed up for ACA.

I’ve done the workday tasks and background checks but that’s it so far. Seems to be no offer holder thread this yr
(edited 8 months ago)
Original post by MR_MELONSLICE
To those with offers, what info do you currently have?

I have an offer for audit sept 4th but idk what office I’m in and I haven’t given any bank details or signed up for ACA.

I’ve done the workday tasks and background checks but that’s it so far. Seems to be no offer holder thread this yr

Hi, In your offer letter, it should say what your office is.
Original post by Towercube23
Hi, In your offer letter, it should say what your office is.

For London there’s two offices. They gave me the location after I was given a business unit

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending