The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Josephine Butler College

So I know that there are a couple of Butler threads here and there, but they are all question-specific. Thought we might need a place where potential Butlerites can hang.

Course:
First Choice: Yes/No
Firming: Yes/No

Also, if you went to the post-app open day - how was it? I really wanted to go but Germany's sorta far from Durham :tongue:.
Hey, you forgot to post your own course/choices!

Course: Physics
Firming: Quite likely

Didn't go to post-app open day either.
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 2
Course: Economics
Firming: 90%

Didn't go to post-app open day either... China is even further from Durham than Germany!
:tongue:
Reply 3
course: Engineering :smile:
and I already firmed it!
I didn't go to the post app day, but I went before I applied, and it's really good there, music room, gym, sports hall, laundry room, and the drinks are cheap in the bar!
The bedrooms are nice and so is the kitchen, I can't compare to the other colleges though as I didn't visit - Butler is the only self catered college which is annoying :frown:
The general feel of the place is good, and on the tour I saw that it's really secure, you can only get into your block of flats so it's safe.
seeing as none of you had been to post app open day I thought I'd tell you what it's like, hope it was useful :smile:
Course- Geology

Firmed!

Don't worry about Butler, I did go to the post-app day and it was amazing! The facilities were great and all the current students were so friendly. I get the feeling it's definitely one of the most sociable colleges.
Course: Sociology and Anthropology
Insured!

However, I'm still expecting that I'll be up at Butler in the end anyway :smile: I really loved it at the open day, and the students were definitely the friendliest of all the colleges that I visited!

Quick Reply

Latest