The Student Room Group

Spray Tanning - experiences and advice.

So a tanning salon near me is doing a good deal at the moment for students and I'm tempted to get on it. I've fake tanned in the past but really only my legs, I'm super duper pale (no exaggeration) so I find it takes too long to build up a decent 'base' colour and I can never be assed to fake tan my whole body.

I really want to give this a go though as it means I get the tan I want without really having to do the effort (except the exfoliation)

What are people's experiences with spray tans, worth it or not? How long did it last and if you have any advice that would be great!
Cant really say how long the actual fake tan lasted as I got it done before I went on holiday and obviously sitting in the sun topped up my tan- but I would say a couple of days/a week maybe?

The only thing is you cant wash for 12 hours- and it STINKS. Not great if your body conscious either.
Mine was a nightmare - same situation with a student offer and she came to our flat. She was very professional and everything but I should have known it was going to be a disaster when she chose the colour - far too dark for me and I ended up being orange.

Also, the tan didn't adhere to my skin around my beauty spots leaving little pale spots and it almost 'sat' on my skin. She patted it on with a mit but remained puzzled and left me with it, telling me it'd probably settle when I'd washed it off.

Despite following her instructions exfoliation and moisturizing wise, me and my three friends remained tango orange and mine faded like crocodile skin. Not good, will stick to fake tan and tinted moisturisers!
Reply 3
I only trust the sun to tan me, and trust myself not to get burnt.

Quick Reply

Latest