The Student Room Group

Your most boring GCSE?

Scroll to see replies

English... 555Ao.png
555Ao.pngTHis picture sums up English... The amount of BS is unbelievable!
Reply 81
Last year (at college now) it was RE, the ****test GCSE ever.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 82
The amount of people who have said ICT in this thread.. There is a reason why I never took it past year nine. XD (although it would have been an easy GCSE..)

Mine would have been French, but only because I was awful at it and because of this, ended up in not trying. None of it stayed in my head and even now, after five years of learning, I can only say your basic 'Hello, my name is..." :P
Reply 83
music gcse shouldn't be allowed!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 84
It has been 4 years since I took my ICT "GSCE", quotation marks since it wasn't actually a GSCE, as I found out on results day. I kid you not, we had to print out a page on how to open a file. And save a file. And open a folder. And rename a file. It went on and on. I learnt absolutely nothing in the whole two years I did not already know.
Statistics. I thought the coursework was really hard; the exam though...it was a 2hr 30min exam and I'd finished the paper after about an hour.
Reply 86
I learnt Human Health and physiology at home, it's unbelievably boring but ridiculously easy. I got full marks in the exam with little revision, Its mainly regurgitating factual information which isn't difficult. But then i don't think its regarded as a difficult subject so its pointless :/
If I had to choose it'd be English language...preferred literature more.
English Literature. I enjoy reading and did enjoy reading "Of Mice and Men" and "An Inspector Calls" for the first time in Y10, but 20 months later by the exam having talked about them in English lessons almost every week and written countless essays on them (99% of which had to filled with utter BS in order to succeed), I despised both the books and the entire subject.

In fact I'd go as far to say that my appetite to read and enjoy books was diminished by English Literature GCSE, a passion which I have only really got back into in the last 12 months almost 2 years after taking the GCSE.
Urdu and Latin
Reply 90
Spanish, I'm trying my best but it goes through one ear and out the other. Doesn't help having a noisy class and a teacher too scared to raise her voice.
(edited 11 years ago)
All of them, hate geography, hate French, hate art. This is not what I want to accomplish in life!
Welsh. Nuff said.
I agree with Business Studies :colonhash:

But also, RE and English Literature :mad:
Reply 94
AQA Geography.

Human Geography was okay.

However, Physical Geography is diabolical.
It's Science more than anything, and I'm awful at Science.
Reply 95
Geography without a doubt... studying how Majorca's tourism has let to an increase in litter and a decrease in sand is the most boring thing I have ever had to copy out of a textbook
Original post by 0x2a
:eek:

You dislike my 2 favourite subjects :cry:

I want to liberate people from the terrible maths education system that is GCSE maths, it's all calculation and memorisation which completely neglects the creativity and lateral thinking involved in mathematics. :mad:

Please feel free to liberate me from GCSE maths-if I have to copy down another endless list of theorems or equations I think my brain may combust.
I would like to like Geography, if that makes sense, but the class I am in makes it practically impossible to do so :frown:
Original post by ThatPerson
I was looking through my textbook as you said that, and just as B3 gets interesting with the heart, kidney, homoeostasis, etc, they introduce all of this bs about deforestation and climate change, which is essentially just a mass of text of pros and cons :/

There are actually mistakes and misleading information in that section. A part of the section mentions a climate 'scandal' in 2009, which was actually a fabrication by the Daily Mail and other tabloids.
ICT

I had to intentionally make mistakes, document the mistakes and then document me correcting the mistakes- demonstrating my ability to proof read.

My suggestion of 'why can't I leave it like it is, there's no ****ing mistakes' wasn't a good one
Reply 99
i do btec business studies edexcel and that iss sooooooooooooooooooo boring oh my dayzz also ocr btec ict that is pointless andd i feel sorry for you aqa sciences i do ocr 21st century science and it is well intereseting

Quick Reply

Latest