The Student Room Group

About GCSEs options

Hi there I’m picking my GCSEs and have to pick one from cs history and geography and idk if I should do the one that’s interests me that I’ll be happy revising for but is harder or the one that is ez but deadly boring and dull and whoever does all of these subjects lmk how it is particularly for edexcel history aqa geog and ocr cs thankss??
Reply 1
Original post by Brianstudy01
Hi there I’m picking my GCSEs and have to pick one from cs history and geography and idk if I should do the one that’s interests me that I’ll be happy revising for but is harder or the one that is ez but deadly boring and dull and whoever does all of these subjects lmk how it is particularly for edexcel history aqa geog and ocr cs thankss??
Hi! I’m a year 11 student, I understand your situation and I’ve experienced the exact same situation when I was choosing my GCSEs.

But the thing you have to understand is, for now the most important thing is you enjoy the subject that you chose. Even if it’s hard, if you enjoy it, then you will have motivation for studying. But this is also another point, if you are getting a bad grade from this subject, even you enjoy it. That’s another thing, bc even u like the subject, but u are bad at it. Be realistic, it wouldn’t work out for your GCSE exam. So make sure be aware of what grade you can achieve from the subject you like.

And assume this is ur real grade in GCSE, can you bare that? If not, then choose the subject that you are good at. Ofc, if you rlly enjoy this subject and you think u can improve urself within the following two years. Then go ahead!!

So I think the main thing you have to think abt, is whether you are getting a grade that is acceptable for you in the subject that you like, if not, then think abt can you upgrade urself within two yrs, if not, then ask urself if you can accept the grade u are getting right now for ur gcse. Again if not, then I would suggest you to choose the one you might not find as much interested as the other one, but you are good at it!! Hope this can help!
Original post by Gologelo
Hi! I’m a year 11 student, I understand your situation and I’ve experienced the exact same situation when I was choosing my GCSEs.
But the thing you have to understand is, for now the most important thing is you enjoy the subject that you chose. Even if it’s hard, if you enjoy it, then you will have motivation for studying. But this is also another point, if you are getting a bad grade from this subject, even you enjoy it. That’s another thing, bc even u like the subject, but u are bad at it. Be realistic, it wouldn’t work out for your GCSE exam. So make sure be aware of what grade you can achieve from the subject you like.
And assume this is ur real grade in GCSE, can you bare that? If not, then choose the subject that you are good at. Ofc, if you rlly enjoy this subject and you think u can improve urself within the following two years. Then go ahead!!
So I think the main thing you have to think abt, is whether you are getting a grade that is acceptable for you in the subject that you like, if not, then think abt can you upgrade urself within two yrs, if not, then ask urself if you can accept the grade u are getting right now for ur gcse. Again if not, then I would suggest you to choose the one you might not find as much interested as the other one, but you are good at it!! Hope this can help!
Do you do any of these I think it matters about grade and easier college and uni don’t care they look at grades
Reply 3
Do you do any of these I think it matters about grade and easier college and uni don’t care they look at grades

I do Geography, and it’s quite easy for me, and also easy to achieve high grade. I also got some frds do history, and apparently they said it’s rlly hard, the thing if u are not good at writing, don’t ever choose history, requires a lot of writings just like English but more informative.
I do Geography, and it’s quite easy for me, and also easy to achieve high grade. I also got some frds do history, and apparently they said it’s rlly hard, the thing if u are not good at writing, don’t ever choose history, requires a lot of writings just like English but more informative.
What about cs
Geography is so boring not something can revise
Reply 6
What about cs

I don’t do cs, so I’m not sure abt the actual content. For geography, it’s mostly likely abt remembering, so it’s rlly depends on what do u like.
I don’t do cs, so I’m not sure abt the actual content. For geography, it’s mostly likely abt remembering, so it’s rlly depends on what do u like.
I wanna pick either history or cs
Reply 8
I wanna pick either history or cs

Are u that type of person who like writing?

Quick Reply

Latest