The Student Room Group

Am i the only one who hates summer?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Me too, why do so many people like summer? Being all hot and sticky,no thanks. Winter is so much better.
Original post by Forever 21
get used to it, global warming will = further hot weather

My body is ready
Crazy OP! I love the summer, such a good atm, sun is shining everyones in a good mood, long days short nights!

Yeah sometimes it gets hot and stuffy, perfect excuse for an ice cream :biggrin:
Summer is just for ogling chicks.
Surprised how many people there are saying they hate being woken up by the sun. I love it, hate winter having to get up before ts even light.Waking up to the sun makes me happy for the rest of the day, feels so good to get up with it
I hate Summer too. My favourite season is Autumn, particularly when it's late Autumn and the beginnings of Winter are appearing. Not too hot and not too cold. Perfect :biggrin:
Reply 66
Original post by Botox
Warm weather makes me moody/angry/frustrated and i get easily irritated. I prefer it when the weather is cool with grey clouds.
Is it just me?

yes
I love it! Although I do spend pretty much my entire summer doing water sports so I don't feel the heat as much. I'm fine with it being hot but when it's humid and you're stuck on land it can get quite unbearable.
HAYFEVER :hmpf: The first thing I think of...nope, you're not the only one
Reply 69
I hate summer also. It's far too hot and bright(my eyes are very sensitive to brightness which makes them tear up) , I prefer long sleeves and it's harder to get cool than to get warm.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 70
Was a fan of summer as a child, now 18 years of age I'm not a big fan anymore. Enjoy the winter due to Halloween, Christmas, New Year Eve etc, nothing beats a cold winter night sitting by the fire watching Christmas films especially around the festive season.
Reply 71
I hate it too, the heat gets irritating and there are half naked people walking around everywhere not to mention bio that makes classrooms, buses and everything smell awful.
It's crazy really- it never gets that hot in Britain anymore, and when it does EVERYONE starts wearing vests/shorts/sandals, has barbecues, and the grass in Hyde Park goes brown.
I like summer because my birthday's in July. If its sunny and a decent temperature, and there's a breeze, it's fine. If its hot and sticky, not so good.
I like most seasons really, apart from the fact that winter does tend to go on for a long time and it gets boring and depressing having to wear thick clothes all the time.
Reply 73
I plan all term then laze all summer. whoever thought summer was meant to be a long holiday obviously wasn't thinking of teenagers?
Reply 74
Summer is amazing, perfect for ice creams, water fights, doing absolutely no work, and just having fun in general.
During winter, i sit there shivering because my mom refuses to turn the heater on -_- can you understand my pain??
In my case, it's just a difference in perspective. I understand how the OP feels, except I felt that way in Trinidad where I used to loathe the scorching rays of the sun. Here, the summer's don't seem to be bad in comparison and are just a welcome contrast to the bitter Winter.

Quick Reply

Latest