The Student Room Group
Student in halls, University of Sunderland
University of Sunderland
Sunderland
Visit website

Sunderland-Clanny House block 4?

I've put my deposit down on flat 29 block 4 so I was just wondering who is going to be in the same block as me because I haven't seen or spoken to anyone in block 4 yet. :colondollar:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I'm in block 4 flat 27
(edited 11 years ago)
Student in halls, University of Sunderland
University of Sunderland
Sunderland
Visit website
Reply 2
Yay, finally someone! Did you get to visit Clanny house on a open day?
Reply 3
I did not but I looked on the virtual tours did you?
Reply 4
Yeah I got to see it on a open day but it was the only one I got to see. It's in walking distance of the uni or you can get a free bus with your student pass which I think is cool. What course are you going to study? I've applied for Health and Social Care.:smile:
Reply 5
Hey I'm in block 4 flat 31 :smile:
Reply 6
Ok like how there is a uni bus to but my friend at the forge says it's not to reliable and I'm going to be doing childhood studies :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by leelola
Hey I'm in block 4 flat 31 :smile:

Yay, we are quite close! What are you studying?
Reply 8
Original post by Codyw
Ok like how there is a uni bus to but my friend at the forge says it's not to reliable and I'm going to be doing childhood studies :smile:

I didn't realiseit wasn't reliable, it's not that far away it's in walking distance hopefullywe won't be late! Our subjects are similar we might be in lecture togetherdepending on what units we do. :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by helojoxd
Yay, we are quite close! What are you studying?

Hopefully Advertising and Design! I didnt actually get to look at the accomdation, I take it Clanny House was nice? :smile:
Reply 10
Original post by leelola
Hopefully Advertising and Design! I didnt actually get to look at the accomdation, I take it Clanny House was nice? :smile:

Clannyhouse is nice, not too far out of the city center. It's in walking distance ifyou don't want to get on the bus, and the rooms are a good size. The only badthing I would say about it is the bedding and curtains haha! Advertising and design sounds interesting I bet it will be really fun.
Reply 11
I didn't realiseit wasn't reliable, it's not that far away it's in walking distance hopefullywe won't be late! Our subjects are similar we might be in lecture togetherdepending on what units we do. :smile:

its only about a 20 minute walk to city campus google said :smile: and we may be :smile: have you looked through your modules?
Reply 12
Clannyhouse is nice, not too far out of the city center. It's in walking distance ifyou don't want to get on the bus, and the rooms are a good size. The only badthing I would say about it is the bedding and curtains haha! Advertising and design sounds interesting I bet it will be really fun.

Yeah I cant wait to start it! And I know they really need to get new interior designers for the student halls, one of them looked like prison cells! Will just have to bring nice bedding and lots of posters haha :P Are you far from Sunderland? And to your halls are you bringing a tv for your room? I wasn't sure if I would have to buy a tv license for it or something, could probably just buy netflix for my computer?
Reply 13
Original post by Codyw
its only about a 20 minute walk to city campus google said :smile: and we may be :smile: have you looked through your modules?

I've had a little look but there didn't seem to much in common, which I thought there might have been :frown: I hope Sunderland has nice weather because where I live it always rains, I bet it's windy though. It raining now haha! :biggrin:

Original post by leelola
Yeah I cant wait to start it! And I know they really need to get new interior designers for the student halls, one of them looked like prison cells! Will just have to bring nice bedding and lots of posters haha :P Are you far from Sunderland? And to your halls are you bringing a tv for your room? I wasn't sure if I would have to buy a tv license for it or something, could probably just buy netflix for my computer?

That’s what I don't like the idea of living away fromhome, 'cause I want it to feel homely and not like a hotel room where you can'tit messy ha! I already have some pictures scattered about in my room so I'lltake them with me with lots of blue tack and maybe some of my less childishposters ahah! I live about two hours away in boring Cumbria! I haven't thoughtof this at all. My TV is from 10 years ago and is so heavy so I don't thinkI'll be brining mine, I only play DVD's on it anyways. Netflix is good andthere is always BBC iplayer and others that you don't have to pay for yaaay! Idon't think it won’t be that bad if you don't bring it ‘cause you can do thator go around and distract other people for fuun!
Reply 14
Sunderland's got pretty **** weather too :smile: and :/ still may be something we will be in the same lectures for
Reply 15
Yeah haha that's the one I have, im suprised they dont have a telly in the livingroom or whatever, I wonder what unis like during the week because obviously people dont party every night, can imagine it being pretty boring, would definitely need a laptop
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 16
I've put my deposit down on flat 29 block 4 so I was just wondering who is going to be in the same block as me because I haven't seen or spoken to anyone in block 4 yet. :colondollar:

I've just had an offer for Flat 30, Block 4 :smile:
Reply 17
Original post by nat_dance
I've just had an offer for Flat 30, Block 4 :smile:

Youre right in the middle of us both haha :smile:
Reply 18
Original post by leelola
Youre right in the middle of us both haha :smile:

Good times! Hey neighbour :smile:
Reply 19
Original post by nat_dance
Good times! Hey neighbour :smile: