The Student Room Group

Help! Not grasping how to layout a leaflet or article for english language exam!

so the titles pretty much self explanatory and i just need help with the layout and maybe the headings and stuff. I'd be very grateful, i'm aiming for an a-a* but a B is acceptable!

Also since you're here, any tips on getting high marks on the reading part of the exam?

Many thanks!:smile:
Reply 1
I took my GCSE's last year and got an A in Language and a B in Literature. I'm now taking AS English Lit and Lang so I know what you're going through.
Don't panic about it! From what I recall, you get given articles and leaflets and have to analyze them.

So you have your heading, your sub-headings, captions, pictures, and write about vocabulary used as well.
So, for instance, if the heading is; ' FREQUENT FLYERS FALL TO EARLY DEATH' - you can write about the alliteration used, the fact that 'FREQUENT FLYERS FALL' all starts with the letter 'F'. The alliteration catches the readers attention and allows them to become alerted with acknowledging that this is something of a serious topic, but the title also is memorable because of the chosen technique the journalist chooses to use.

If you want to gain some extra marks, I can tell you some terms we use in AS English Language (basic terms) but they still may benefit your grade.

Lexis = Vocabulary. For instance; "The lexis used in this article shows..." or "The lexical language used in this article expresses.."

Good luck!
Reply 2
Thank you so much that is so helpful! thanks again!!:smile::smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending