The Student Room Group

LearnDirect Access to Social Science Unit 8 Introduction to Cognitive Psychology

I'm really struggling to grasp what to do. I've never written an Academic Journal and I don't know how.

You are required to write a journal article that demonstrates your understanding of the key models and theories of cognitive psychology.

Within the article you must include an explanation of contrasting psychological models in relation to memory and discuss some of the contrasting research studies in this area.

You will need to carry out a small-scale experiment using one of the memory studies that are outlined in sections 1.1 and 1.2 of your study materials. You should use the outcomes from one of these activities in order to write about your memory experiment.

You must also include discussion that shows how cognitive research has influenced practice in an area of applied psychology. The focus of this section of your article should be Dementia.GUIDANCE

For guidance about layout, structure and style of writing used for journal article you should refer to the study materials in the ‘Academic Writing Skills’ unit.

You will need to use images within your journal article to support your written commentary.

Remember to include the following in your assignment: -
A name for your journal article
Relevant subheadings
Images that support your written commentary
Write your article in two columns

All sources used within the journal article, including any images or diagrams, must be cited and referenced accordingly. You must submit a references list and bibliography with your journal article.

The journal article should be a maximum of 2,000 words.

When reporting on your small-scale memory experiment you should state:
What you did
The materials you used
The outcomes from your experiment which you then need to display in a table and/or graph format
Provide a conclusion which includes whether your findings supported the findings from the original study.
An example you could use is the Glanzer and Cunitz (1966) study on the Serial Position Effect.

Has anyone completed this Unit from this school? If so... how!
Hey, I'm afraid I can't help you with that but I was wondering if you would recommend learndirect? I'm thinking of enrolling with them for an access course but I'm a bit hesitant as I've heard they don't give much support. Thanks in advance, Rosie mai
Reply 2
Original post by helpmeplsiwantto
I'm really struggling to grasp what to do. I've never written an Academic Journal and I don't know how.

You are required to write a journal article that demonstrates your understanding of the key models and theories of cognitive psychology.

Within the article you must include an explanation of contrasting psychological models in relation to memory and discuss some of the contrasting research studies in this area.

You will need to carry out a small-scale experiment using one of the memory studies that are outlined in sections 1.1 and 1.2 of your study materials. You should use the outcomes from one of these activities in order to write about your memory experiment.

You must also include discussion that shows how cognitive research has influenced practice in an area of applied psychology. The focus of this section of your article should be Dementia.GUIDANCE

For guidance about layout, structure and style of writing used for journal article you should refer to the study materials in the ‘Academic Writing Skills’ unit.

You will need to use images within your journal article to support your written commentary.

Remember to include the following in your assignment: -
A name for your journal article
Relevant subheadings
Images that support your written commentary
Write your article in two columns

All sources used within the journal article, including any images or diagrams, must be cited and referenced accordingly. You must submit a references list and bibliography with your journal article.

The journal article should be a maximum of 2,000 words.

When reporting on your small-scale memory experiment you should state:
What you did
The materials you used
The outcomes from your experiment which you then need to display in a table and/or graph format
Provide a conclusion which includes whether your findings supported the findings from the original study.
An example you could use is the Glanzer and Cunitz (1966) study on the Serial Position Effect.

Has anyone completed this Unit from this school? If so... how!

Hi

I'm on the exact same unit and I'm tearing my hair out!!

Have you been successful? Was it easy in the end?
Reply 3
Original post by Jayne15
Hi
I'm on the exact same unit and I'm tearing my hair out!!
Have you been successful? Was it easy in the end?

Hey! I’m just about to finish this course! If you still need help, message me and I can help you through anything you’re finding tricky! I got mostly distinctions
Reply 4
Original post by rsofia
Hey! I’m just about to finish this course! If you still need help, message me and I can help you through anything you’re finding tricky! I got mostly distinctions

Good morning,

Oh that would be wonderful!! Yes please, any advice, starting points. I'm currently on unit 9, essay, sociology of the family.
I'm also behind due to personal reasons. I'm hoping to complete ASAP. It is a little tricky yes, so far I have 2 merits.... but currently stuck
Reply 5
Original post by rsofia

Can you help me too?
Original post by rsofia

Please can you help me??? I’m doing this course and doing unit 7 atm!! Please help 🤞🤞
Reply 7
Original post by Lanji
Can you help me too?

Okay thank you will do so
Reply 8
@rsofia I can’t private message you at the moment, says i need to be 48 hours on the app I think, is it okay if I give you my email?
Reply 9
Original post by Lanji
@rsofia I can’t private message you at the moment, says i need to be 48 hours on the app I think, is it okay if I give you my email?

Yes go for it!
Reply 10
Original post by Tashamac98
Please can you help me??? I’m doing this course and doing unit 7 atm!! Please help 🤞🤞

Yes!! Message me :smile:
Reply 11
Original post by Lanji

I saw you messaged me but for some reason I can’t reply! Send me a message with your email and I’ll email you instead :smile:
Reply 12
[email protected] that’s my email
Reply 13
Original post by rsofia
I saw you messaged me but for some reason I can’t reply! Send me a message with your email and I’ll email you instead :smile:

[email protected]

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending