The Student Room Group

Views on chinos

Discuss

Scroll to see replies

not my fashion style personally.
Reply 2
People just like to jump on the bandwagon and profess their hatred for them because it's cool to think chinos are ****. The cheap ones from primark are obviously crap but decent quality ones hardly look any different to normal trousers.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 3
Darker colours are fine, as long as they're not half way down your bottom. :cool:
Colours like cream make me nauseous :coma:
Reply 4
Chinos are great. It's the idiots that wear them 24/7 and every time they go to clubs with no style sense at all that's given chinos a bad name.
Reply 5
Some look alright, some don't. I don't own a pair currently.
Reply 6
You came to TSR for fashion advice? Good luck.
I wear Chinos compared to normal jeans because its more flexible and comfortable. I wear a maroon and dark yellow/cream colour and its does the job for me personally.
Reply 8
I wear slim fit chinos everyday, have a lot of colours tho. I just think they look better than jeans. And whats so bad about wearing them at clubs? Its best to use anywhere.
Reply 9
I don't like the ones with ridiculous colours (maroon/purple is pretty much the limit - orange, bright red, green wtf?!) but people are way too quick to hate chinos.
Reply 10
I don't own any, but I'd wear dark coloured ones.

NOT camel/cream though.
Reply 11
I bought recently light grey ones because there's not much of a choice for budget bottoms, especially with my fussy taste on clothing. I also have middle blue colour trousers that look very similar to chinos. To be honest, I like them and I don't care what people think about me wearing them. I'm only for chinos just because there's not much of the choice for usual, non-formal trousers and I don't like jeans anymore.. I like blue, green chinos but wouldn't wear pink, violet or skinny ones because they just don't fit my shape (I'm actually shapeless and everything is flat :mmm: ).

It's a shame that some places don't have chinos/trousers that would be W35 and have instead either W36 that are too big and I need a belt otherwise I'll lose my pants or have W34 that I can't even button them :laugh:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Tutis
I wear slim fit chinos everyday, have a lot of colours tho. I just think they look better than jeans. And whats so bad about wearing them at clubs? Its best to use anywhere.

Nothing at all. Probably badly worded my post. What I meant was it's the chavs who try to look cool in them when they are out of their tracksuits that give them a bad name.
Only acceptable as business casual clothing imo, if you wear them with a t-shirt you're going for the boyband look.
Reply 14
They only suit skinny people. If the dude has a big butt and big thighs then it doesn't suit. No offence. Chinos are made for slight men.
Reply 15
Men's fashion is so anti-butch with the trousers at the mo.
i think chinos are good if theyre decent quality, i think the ones with elastic cuffs that have the colour as if someone took a deuce on them isnt cool
Reply 17
White guys completely ruined them when they decided they had to wear them like every other bellend around them like it was some uniform, no matter the season or occasion.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 18
These ones are nicee
68F37DMUL_large.jpg
Reply 19
Tbh, I wear chinos, I just wear grey ones which look basically like grey jeans with white t-shirts. I don't see a problem with that.

Quick Reply

Latest