The Student Room Group

M3!

Can someone explain to me how to work out work done when you have a Force which is a function of displacement.

And also how to work out Impulse from Force as a function of time.

I've looked at the equations in the book but I don't really understand them and why this is true either.
Original post by KD35
Can someone explain to me how to work out work done when you have a Force which is a function of displacement.

And also how to work out Impulse from Force as a function of time.

I've looked at the equations in the book but I don't really understand them and why this is true either.

FINALLY SOMEONE TALKING ABOUT M3 !!!

basically u intergate the force equation between the limits of the distance from x1 to x2...

for the impulse one its the same, but this time when integrating the force equation, the limits will be the time from t1 to t2..

it should say those two things in the book u should double check i could be wrong as to what ur specifically asking for.

by the way how is M3 going, do u wanna work together to go through exam papers?
Reply 2
Original post by study beats
FINALLY SOMEONE TALKING ABOUT M3 !!!

basically u intergate the force equation between the limits of the distance from x1 to x2...

for the impulse one its the same, but this time when integrating the force equation, the limits will be the time from t1 to t2..

it should say those two things in the book u should double check i could be wrong as to what ur specifically asking for.

by the way how is M3 going, do u wanna work together to go through exam papers?

So let me just be sure I'm understand correctly.

You get Force on it's own and integrate the side with the function between limits of x and that will be your answer?

This might sound dumb but where does the F on the other side of the equation go?

It's going pretty well tbh. I thought I'd fail this but I've bossed most the past papers. I've done all papers from Jan08 to Jan13 and 3 Solomon papers. The Solomon papers are strangely easier than the normal ones IMO.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by KD35
So let me just be sure I'm understand correctly.

You get Force on it's own and integrate the side with the function between limits of x and that will be your answer?

This might sound dumb but where does the F on the other side of the equation go?

It's going pretty well tbh. I thought I'd fail this but I've bossed most the past papers. I've done all papers from Jan08 to Jan13 and 3 Solomon papers. The Solomon papers are strangely easier than the normal ones IMO.

wow, i have only done like 3 past papers, dude i need help
Reply 4
Original post by study beats
wow, i have only done like 3 past papers, dude i need help

How many papers have you done now? If you know your stuff, past papers aren't that helpful but definately try the harder ones with lower grade boundaries. Some hard qustions you need to get used to!

The Solomons arent too helpful so just aim to get as many of the M3 ones done
Original post by KD35
How many papers have you done now? If you know your stuff, past papers aren't that helpful but definately try the harder ones with lower grade boundaries. Some hard qustions you need to get used to!

The Solomons arent too helpful so just aim to get as many of the M3 ones done

done around 5 now....what are the hard ones? and whos going to help me if i dont understand the hard ones?

Quick Reply

Latest