The Student Room Group

AQA GEOG4A A2 14th June 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Jade10128
My scanner isn't working, but heres the pages from the textbook and CGP on chi squared, hope they're clear enough :smile:

legend! will rep when i can
Reply 41
Original post by awkwardusername
I always revise for the skills exams in the same way, and I've so far managed an A in AS Skills and a B in A2 Skills.
I just write everything out in REALLY simple terms. For example, I'd write 3 two word bullet points on the location of my fieldwork, same with my aims etc, so I can remember them easily; I know I can stretch it all out properly in the exam.
For the actual skills part, I do the same. I write three bullet points on what's good and bad for each type of graph etc, and for the stats I simplify it as much as I can too, by writing things like "large standard deviation - numbers spread around the mean".

I know it seems simple but it's worked for me so far, and if anyone wants me to scan my notes etc, feel free to ask!

(Obviously my fieldwork might not be applicable for most people, but we did ours based on Bradshaw's Model, and how a river's variables change with distance from the source, so if you needed that too, you could adapt it? The risks etc are the same)

hiii please could you PM me you're notes, would be a great help!:smile::smile::smile::smile:
Is anyone doing core periphery model fieldwork
Reply 43
I've PM'd you the notes :smile:
I know this sounds utterly ridiculous but loads of people I know who sat the exam over complicated it for you. The questions aren't there to trick you so don't look for double meanings!
Reading examiners reports might be useful too, but mainly, just look at the command word they use, and try and sort of buff out what you know, to make it look like you absolutely loved doing the investigation!
I HATED ours, there's nothing less interesting than measuring a river, but if you act like it was the best thing in the world, the examiner will see that and you'll get higher marks. Good luck!

thank you so much for your help!
Reply 44
Hiya, does anyone have the past paper for January's exam or remember the questions?
I'm sitting this exam on Friday and i'm utterly dreading it. I'm sitting a year early as my teacher says its 'easy' and there are no January exams next year.

I'm pretty okay with part A to do with my own fieldwork but part B is honestly a complete mystery!

Does anyone have notes or resources on chi squared or Mann Whitney U test? ( I don't have any as I don't even have an A2 text book yet!!)
Original post by Charlottecl
I'm sitting this exam on Friday and i'm utterly dreading it. I'm sitting a year early as my teacher says its 'easy' and there are no January exams next year.

I'm pretty okay with part A to do with my own fieldwork but part B is honestly a complete mystery!

Does anyone have notes or resources on chi squared or Mann Whitney U test? ( I don't have any as I don't even have an A2 text book yet!!)

love the way ur teacher passes it off as easy haha, if it were that easy everyone would be gettin full marks, no? LOL
Reply 47
What would you say we need to know for part B? Different data presentation and stats tests pros/cons, plus how to do tests? Anything else?
Reply 48
I always revise for the skills exams in the same way, and I've so far managed an A in AS Skills and a B in A2 Skills.
I just write everything out in REALLY simple terms. For example, I'd write 3 two word bullet points on the location of my fieldwork, same with my aims etc, so I can remember them easily; I know I can stretch it all out properly in the exam.
For the actual skills part, I do the same. I write three bullet points on what's good and bad for each type of graph etc, and for the stats I simplify it as much as I can too, by writing things like "large standard deviation - numbers spread around the mean".

I know it seems simple but it's worked for me so far, and if anyone wants me to scan my notes etc, feel free to ask!

(Obviously my fieldwork might not be applicable for most people, but we did ours based on Bradshaw's Model, and how a river's variables change with distance from the source, so if you needed that too, you could adapt it? The risks etc are the same)

Hi, those notes would be much appreciated! Thanks :smile:
Because the same questions come up time after time, my teacher has provided us with a booklet which we effectively need to learn to get full marks. People in the year above did it in Jan and 60% got full marks doing this
Original post by AndyBoughton
Because the same questions come up time after time, my teacher has provided us with a booklet which we effectively need to learn to get full marks. People in the year above did it in Jan and 60% got full marks doing this

Could you be a 24 carat diamond and scan it, I really need top marks in this, I will rep you no end :smile:

Dude that is awesome, is there any way you could scan or take pictures and send this too me?

I have got a similar booklet although it isn't tailored to the rivers section.
Its specific to my investigation where we looked at whether bedload size gets smaller and more rounded with increasing distance down the long profile.

In the booklet:

Aim
Theory
Hypothesis
Methods of Data Collection
Methods of Data Presentation
Data Analysis
Conclusions
Evaluation

And all the statistical tests - when to use this, what looking for

Do people still want it?
Its specific to my investigation where we looked at whether bedload size gets smaller and more rounded with increasing distance down the long profile.

In the booklet:

Aim
Theory
Hypothesis
Data Analysis
Conclusions
Evaluation

Do people still want it?

yep could I get it, ill just tailor it to my work :smile:
If you leave or private message me your e-mail I will email you it :biggrin: Don't forget to rep me :biggrin:

In the booklet:

Aim
Theory
Hypothesis
Data Analysis
Conclusions
Evaluation

Do people still want it?

Hell yeah! Repped haha :smile:
I've sent it to Ibrahimking and now my email has decided to play up and not do what I want it to. If you ask him I'm sure he will email you it sorry. If not, let me know and I'll do it first thing in the morning before my Maths exam

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by IbrahimKingx
yep could I get it, ill just tailor it to my work :smile:

Could you message it to me as well?
Original post by SimpleTom
Could you message it to me as well?

Sure PM me your email
Hi Guys! Anyone have any good idea/ predictions on what might come up on Friday? Especially for section B?!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending