The Student Room Group
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool

Vine court and sports centre

Hi all, applied for computer science at Liverpool as my first choice, and my 1st choice accommodation is vine court self catered,

I know the sports centre is close and when I'm there I plan to use the gym 2-3 times a week, does it cost?

Also does anyone know when we get our accommodation offers? I've applied but yeah
Reply 1
Original post by ITomI

I know the sports centre is close and when I'm there I plan to use the gym 2-3 times a week, does it cost?

Check out the membership prices here: http://www.liv.ac.uk/sports/become-a-member/

In order to use the gym you need to be a premium member. Last year we got the option of purchasing the sports (gym) membership at the same time as paying our accommodation deposit, it might have had a few quid off but I can't remember for sure. I'm assuming they'll do the same this year so keep an eye when you get your halls stuff through.
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool
There's also a gym at Greenbank.
Reply 3
Original post by WhiteWash
Check out the membership prices here: http://www.liv.ac.uk/sports/become-a-member/

In order to use the gym you need to be a premium member. Last year we got the option of purchasing the sports (gym) membership at the same time as paying our accommodation deposit, it might have had a few quid off but I can't remember for sure. I'm assuming they'll do the same this year so keep an eye when you get your halls stuff through.

Thanks, I'll have a read! :smile:

Original post by LemonGingerTea
There's also a gym at Greenbank.

Is that off campus?
Yea, greenbank being one of the options for off-campus accommodation. The prices seem like a lot for it, but I had a filter through a while back at how much the general public pay to use the sports centre and it's less than half for us... I think I'm gonna fork out for it (especially since with premium membership, classes like Zumba and such are included)

Alternatively, (you didn't say what your second choice accommodation was) I think Opal Court also has a gym in it?
Reply 5
I got my accommodation offer from Vine Court so you should (hopefully) be getting yours soon too. I think for you to use the gym, it'll cost you £119 for your first year but I'm not entirely sure. Check the UoL website :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by rachelxoxo
I got my accommodation offer from Vine Court so you should (hopefully) be getting yours soon too. I think for you to use the gym, it'll cost you £119 for your first year but I'm not entirely sure. Check the UoL website :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks, will do. A decent price for the gym for the whole year tbh :biggrin:

I hope to get my accommodation offer soon too, excited to see where I'll be!

Also - any comp sci current students tell me what their timetable is like in the first semester, like how many hours per week and is it spread over all 5 days or do you have some day off? Thanks
Reply 7
Original post by ITomI
Thanks, will do. A decent price for the gym for the whole year tbh :biggrin:

I hope to get my accommodation offer soon too, excited to see where I'll be!

Also - any comp sci current students tell me what their timetable is like in the first semester, like how many hours per week and is it spread over all 5 days or do you have some day off? Thanks

Yeah it is a good price but it depends on your timetable too.. if your lectures/seminars are at odd times then you might not be able to make good use of the gym as you would like to so take this into consideration too! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Original post by rachelxoxo
Yeah it is a good price but it depends on your timetable too.. if your lectures/seminars are at odd times then you might not be able to make good use of the gym as you would like to so take this into consideration too! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

thats why I was asking if lectures are spread over 5 days or not :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by ITomI
thats why I was asking if lectures are spread over 5 days or not :smile:

Hahaha right, my bad :L

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending