The Student Room Group
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website

Maths with Computer Science at Uni of Southampton questions?

Hi, I'm choosing for my reserve between Maths and Computer Science at Southampton and Maths at Birmingham.

I was wondering if anyone could say how they have found the facilities/ teaching/ support/ course at Southampton (even if on a normal Maths degree I would really appreciate it)?

Thanks a lot in advance
Hi

I don't study either of these subjects but just wanted to give you an idea of Southampton in general.

The main Highfield Campus is a lovely green space with many facilities for students, including the Students Union, Jubilee Sports Centre (which has a gym, sports halls, squash courts, 25m pool), various cafes/restaurants, a pub and bar, a cinema, a club room, and a huge 5 storey library. The University also has 4 other campuses (though for these subjects, Highfield would be your main one), and a large sports ground around a 15 minute bus journey away. There are various accommodation types of varying distances from the University, and the city centre is around a 20 minute bus journey away. The New Forest is really close by, as are some wonderful beaches, such as Bournemouth!

I would really recommend coming to view the University to see all it can offer - the same goes for Birmingham!

Hope this helps,

Abbie :smile:
University of Southampton, Postgraduate Ambassador
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending