The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Percy
That was one player. You have a whole team of petty. viscious thugs. And a manager who conveniently never sees anything involving his own teams misdemeanours. It must be great having David Dein/ the FA on your side. Great him getting away with calling Ruud a cheat, yet "not seeing" Pires' diving! You must feel so proud. Maybe the FA could be your shirt sponsers next season. By the way, what happened at Old Trafford in September had nothing to do with Ruud's conduct, it was bitterness about United winning the League last season.

look in the media. You will not hear one thing about any Arsenal player. Yet all we hear is drugs this, drunk in Spain that. Its just so petty to see your hero Fergie single handedly break apart a winning team and replace it with untried rubbish with little to no potential. The sheer fact that you couldn't get your two biggest transfer targets, Ronaldhino and Robben shows your time is up. It used to be that United could buy anyone, and Arsenal would have to be slightly more resourceful with their money. Well the case is still the same for us, yet you can now be outbid for anyone.
Rio was lucky to escape with just 8 months. I wonder what the fk the FA are doing with Scholes who basically hit Doriva. You seem to have very well managed to not coincide a definite ban with the matches against us.
Roy Keane. What a thug. The fact that UEFA had to step in to try and increase the ban given to him for stamping. Or maybe our 'small club' which seems to have so much 'influence' on the FA (disregarding the fact that we were harshly treated after OT and Sol's ban last season) has a mass of influence over the whole of UEFA. Oh sorry, UEFA is against you, I remember Fergie complaining that he had to face Real Madrid last season, whereas any other manager would've relished such a tie, the drunk idiot said something like 'well its obvious they don't want us in the final,' basically conceeding they would lose.
Reply 81
DanMushMan
look in the media. You will not hear one thing about any Arsenal player. Yet all we hear is drugs this, drunk in Spain that. Its just so petty to see your hero Fergie single handedly break apart a winning team and replace it with untried rubbish with little to no potential. The sheer fact that you couldn't get your two biggest transfer targets, Ronaldhino and Robben shows your time is up. It used to be that United could buy anyone, and Arsenal would have to be slightly more resourceful with their money. Well the case is still the same for us, yet you can now be outbid for anyone.
Rio was lucky to escape with just 8 months. I wonder what the fk the FA are doing with Scholes who basically hit Doriva. You seem to have very well managed to not coincide a definite ban with the matches against us.
Roy Keane. What a thug. The fact that UEFA had to step in to try and increase the ban given to him for stamping. Or maybe our 'small club' which seems to have so much 'influence' on the FA (disregarding the fact that we were harshly treated after OT and Sol's ban last season) has a mass of influence over the whole of UEFA. Oh sorry, UEFA is against you, I remember Fergie complaining that he had to face Real Madrid last season, whereas any other manager would've relished such a tie, the drunk idiot said something like 'well its obvious they don't want us in the final,' basically conceeding they would lose.

Ronaldinho is a playboy who was attracted by the bright lights of Barcelona. A pity really.
Rio was not lucky. Players who tested positive got 4 months.
Sol Campbell elbowed a United player in the League, a decision which meant Arsenal would untimately lose the league to United
I dont see how Fergie broke up a winning team. He sold a player who had been underperfoming (who hadnt been in the team when it mattered), who lapped out of challenges and who played abysmally against Arsenal in the FA Cup. But I forgot, ht is "England Captain" and is thus beyond criticism.
We'll see what big men you lot are if and when you play a team of Real's calibre. I'm not even sure what a club of your size is doing competing in Europe. It's a bit like Livingston in the UEFA cup last season. Don't worry though, it looks like youve qualified 4 next years competition. And you'll have Keown, Wiltord, Bergkamp and Kanu off the wage bill. Happy times lie ahead.
Percy
Ronaldinho is a playboy who was attracted by the bright lights of Barcelona. A pity really.
Rio was not lucky. Players who tested positive got 4 months.
Sol Campbell elbowed a United player in the League, a decision which meant Arsenal would untimately lose the league to United
I dont see how Fergie broke up a winning team. He sold a player who had been underperfoming (who hadnt been in the team when it mattered), who lapped out of challenges and who played abysmally against Arsenal in the FA Cup. But I forgot, ht is "England Captain" and is thus beyond criticism.
We'll see what big men you lot are if and when you play a team of Real's calibre. I'm not even sure what a club of your size is doing competing in Europe. It's a bit like Livingston in the UEFA cup last season. Don't worry though, it looks like youve qualified 4 next years competition. And you'll have Keown, Wiltord, Bergkamp and Kanu off the wage bill. Happy times lie ahead.

Still try to belittle us. Yet you're 12 TWELVE points behind us in the league. Rather be a small successful club than an overrated, overpaid, expensive mercernary club, knocked out of Europe by a team "built on 10% of the budget." Why are you so desperate to beat such a 'small' team then? Most of your fans would take an FA cup win and a league loss, and think you've done really well.

You had and always have one attack. Cross and try and get a bit of HFCC's long face on it. Thats it. Beckham was the best passer and crosser you had, and hes gone. Otherwise how can you explain your abysmal showing this year? You've either taken one giant step back, or we've taken one giant leap forward, probably both.

You had Ronaldhino, but your arrogance in the transfer market means that you (illegally) approach players before clubs(not the only case) and use dodgy agents, resulting in you losing him. He wanted to go, and a reasonable OFFFICAL bid to PSG would've got him. But, you let him be snatched under your noses. You also had Robben, basically guaranteed, but you dropped your agreed price with PSV, and Chelsea stepped in.

Your teams broken up. Its aged, the youth aren't good enough, you have no defence, a dodgy "mentally tired" keeper, an attack not worth writing home about. I really wonder how Fergie has managed to do it so spectacularly.
Reply 83
DanMushMan
Still try to belittle us. Yet you're 12 TWELVE points behind us in the league. Rather be a small successful club than an overrated, overpaid, expensive mercernary club, knocked out of Europe by a team "built on 10% of the budget." Why are you so desperate to beat such a 'small' team then? Most of your fans would take an FA cup win and a league loss, and think you've done really well.

You had and always have one attack. Cross and try and get a bit of HFCC's long face on it. Thats it. Beckham was the best passer and crosser you had, and hes gone. Otherwise how can you explain your abysmal showing this year? You've either taken one giant step back, or we've taken one giant leap forward, probably both.

You had Ronaldhino, but your arrogance in the transfer market means that you (illegally) approach players before clubs(not the only case) and use dodgy agents, resulting in you losing him. He wanted to go, and a reasonable OFFFICAL bid to PSG would've got him. But, you let him be snatched under your noses. You also had Robben, basically guaranteed, but you dropped your agreed price with PSV, and Chelsea stepped in.

Your teams broken up. Its aged, the youth aren't good enough, you have no defence, a dodgy "mentally tired" keeper, an attack not worth writing home about. I really wonder how Fergie has managed to do it so spectacularly.

Um, United werent the ones signing 34 year old goalkeepers withs a big motth and bad temper. Btw, there's this player United have, he's called Cristiano Ronaldo. He's one of the most exctiting young players in Europe. He's improving with every game. You might remember him- he's the one who repeatedly embarassed Ashley C0le at the theatre of dreams. Then again, no doubt you have some petty criticism to make of him as well. Anyway, good luck for the rest of the season. It's nice to see the smaller teams doing well. Very exciting you getting out of the group stage of the Champions league- your noses must be bleeding!
Percy
Um, United werent the ones signing 34 year old goalkeepers withs a big motth and bad temper. Btw, there's this player United have, he's called Cristiano Ronaldo. He's one of the most exctiting young players in Europe. He's improving with every game. You might remember him- he's the one who repeatedly embarassed Ashley C0le at the theatre of dreams. Then again, no doubt you have some petty criticism to make of him as well. Anyway, good luck for the rest of the season. It's nice to see the smaller teams doing well. Very exciting you getting out of the group stage of the Champions league- your noses must be bleeding!

no, they were signing an overrated, 'mentally tired' (eg scared of pressure) American with Turett's, and now have to resort to a backup to play the two biggest games of their season. (funny when they're against such a small club).
Ronaldo? A one trick fairy boy, came to to united and learned to dive. He so embarassed us that you scored........oh you didn't. I believe signing him went along the lines of, oh look we've just played a friendly and i want one of they're players. Such good scouting methods for such a 'big' club.
Reyes, there's a player who's already proved himself in possibly the best league in the world, and against Real. There's the future European star, not some spotty dreadlocked stepover boy.
You must've been so proud the way the team's performing. Again another fantasitc European performance involving trying to settle for a one-nil lead, and losing to even smaller (they must be 'tiny') clubs in the league. Even bought Fulham's best player and couldn't beat them.

Good luck for the rest of the season, in two weeks it'll be over.
Reply 85
wel all i have to say is...

VA VA VOOM BABY! hahaha :biggrin: :biggrin:
Percy
Tobe fair, ur the type of person who probably defended Arsenal's behavious at Old Trafford last Septemember. You should take your rose- tinted glasses off some time, you might start seeing something resembling reality.

what the fuck are you rambling on about

me slagging off an Arsenal player(lauren) insted of Lehman makes me have rose tinted glasses, i don't even support Arsenal and watched the match as a neutral

get real
Reply 87
piginapoke
The most overrated team EVER is the current Real team. A few 'star' players, and some average ones.

how is real overrated? it is a brilliant team. all of the players are very decent and probably can beat every arsenal player in the same position
TheWolf
how is real overrated? it is a brilliant team. all of the players are very decent and probably can beat every arsenal player in the same position

i disagree with that comment ... but Real are an excellent team which will be hard to beat unless they bugger up big style like last year
TheWolf

they have 2 shockingly poor central defenders
Reply 90
DanMushMan
they have 2 shockingly poor central defenders

helguera and raul bravo? Firstly, they are not shockingly bad, otherwise they will choose some reserve defenders or pavon or whatever - real madrid has many choices for defenders. Salgado and Roberto Carlos are doing their jobs fine. Ok raul bravo had a spell at leeds, and leeds are crap. Anyways, it is their midfield and forward has shown that they can win matches even without the best defence in the world. You dont need to have great defence to be a world class team, you just need to win
TheWolf
helguera and raul bravo? Firstly, they are not shockingly bad, otherwise they will choose some reserve defenders or pavon or whatever - real madrid has many choices for defenders. Salgado and Roberto Carlos are doing their jobs fine. Ok raul bravo had a spell at leeds, and leeds are crap. Anyways, it is their midfield and forward has shown that they can win matches even without the best defence in the world. You dont need to have great defence to be a world class team, you just need to win

they are terrible cbs
Reply 92
DanMushMan
they are terrible cbs

And Martin Keown isn't? Pot. Kettle. Black.
Percy

do you just come in this thread to talk crap

Keown is past his best hence him not being 1st choice anymore, the campbell, Toure partnership is immense

same can't be said for Lauen though.....
Percy

really are desperate aren't you? Didn't manage to score when he was on the pitch on your own turf. Fact he's our 4th choice defender too. You're desperate for anything resembling a defence at the moment.
Reply 95
DanMushMan
really are desperate aren't you? Didn't manage to score when he was on the pitch on your own turf. Fact he's our 4th choice defender too. You're desperate for anything resembling a defence at the moment.

I was merely comparing Arsenal's defensive resources to those of Real, whose defence you were unfairly critical of, for a supporter of a team who haven't even been good enough to play them in recent years. And what has United's defence got to do with it? The problem with you ABU's is that you care more about whats happening at Old Trafford than whats going on at your own club. Very sad.
Reply 96
yawn,
Reply 97
will1y2
yawn,

Expression's love glove.
Percy
I was merely comparing Arsenal's defensive resources to those of Real, whose defence you were unfairly critical of, for a supporter of a team who haven't even been good enough to play them in recent years. And what has United's defence got to do with it? The problem with you ABU's is that you care more about whats happening at Old Trafford than whats going on at your own club. Very sad.

i'd take our defence over Real's ANYDAY OF THE WEEK.

As for talking about ManU, Its YOU who feels they need to come here and try and belittle the better team.
Reply 99
DanMushMan
i'd take our defence over Real's ANYDAY OF THE WEEK.

As for talking about ManU, Its YOU who feels they need to come here and try and belittle the better team.

I don't believe the media hype and know that despite their form, Arsenal have flaws which will be exposed against better opposition.

Latest

Trending

Trending