The Student Room Group
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool

University of Liverpool non-drinkers freshers 2013-2014

I see more and more threads like this popping up and thought I should create one for Liverpool. I don't mind drinking, just on the whole prefer to spend my nights in other ways rather than getting mindlessly drunk. This thread is for all those, if their hopefully are any, who are similar so that we can still meet people and have a good time at freshers week rather than being called 'boring' or 'anti-social'. :biggrin: I I

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Makes two of us! Don't really drink much myself - don't really like the taste. I was worried I'd be the only one who didn't. Personally, I rather see more of Liverpool. Don't really know it very well :biggrin:
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool
Reply 2
You can add to that list. I don't drink, smoke and ever been to a club even though I live in Lancashire. Which may sound surprising, but it's true. I am still deciding whether I should attend the week.. or not?
Have you guys got anything planned? Or know something we could do?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 3
yeydhs
Personally, I rather see more of Liverpool.
Yeah Liverpool is like the culture capital of England, there should be lots to find and do.
I am still deciding whether I should attend the week.. or not?
Have you guys got anything planned? Or know something we could do?

I'm definitely going, try some new things. I just think its a bit annoying how everything set up for fresher's week is pretty much getting drunk in varying venues. We can organise things sometime, more people should feel the same way as well :smile: BTW I'm from Lancashire to, didn't know it had a reputation for being that way xD P.S what you guys studying?
Reply 4
Hey :smile: I thought I'd be the only one too, turns out there's a whole four of us haha.. I'm more local, from the Wirral, so know Liverpool quite well, but me and a few friends from school are staying in Morton House, anyone else staying there? Oh, and studying Spanish, how about you? :smile:
Reply 5
Hey, I'm at Grand Central, which is just next to Liverpool University. Doing Music btw. It should be good to have someone who knows the city quite well :smile:
Reply 6
I'm staying in Larch House - it's just across from Catholic Cathedral. :smile: I'll be studying Diagnostic Radiography. And yeah, it'll be good to have someone with a bit of local knowledge :smile:
Reply 7
Oh wow, sounds interesting! :smile: When are you moving in? I think we can move on the 14th but not too sure
why segregate yourself, justtry some alcohol, it's good for you in moderation!
Reply 9
Original post by josham
Oh wow, sounds interesting! :smile: When are you moving in? I think we can move on the 14th but not too sure

My contract for accommodation starts on the 6th of September, so I'll probably go get my keys sometime that week. Think I'll be moving in properly on the 15th though :smile:
Reply 10
I'll be moving into a private accommodation, Grenville street. Anyone else staying there?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
Hi everyone! I'm also not fond of alcohol, so it would be great to meet up with some other people like me during freshers! There's so much pressure to go out and get wasted and it's just not my thing...I'd rather get to know Liverpool properly than go out drinking! :smile: I'm staying in the UNITE student village, just in case anyone else is too!
Reply 12
Yess.. What course are u guys all studying. it would be really cool if we could all somehow meet each other once we arrive. do you think that would be possible ? Im coming all the way from London and im so nervous as I don't know anyone in Liverpool
Reply 13
Original post by decoribbon
Hi everyone! I'm also not fond of alcohol, so it would be great to meet up with some other people like me during freshers! There's so much pressure to go out and get wasted and it's just not my thing...I'd rather get to know Liverpool properly than go out drinking! :smile: I'm staying in the UNITE student village, just in case anyone else is too!

Know what you mean! I'm staying in the UNITE student village too! :biggrin: Yeah, I felt like there was way to much pressure to drink - would much rather see more of Liverpool too :smile:
Reply 14
Original post by asareyaa
Yess.. What course are u guys all studying. it would be really cool if we could all somehow meet each other once we arrive. do you think that would be possible ? Im coming all the way from London and im so nervous as I don't know anyone in Liverpool

I'm studying Biological + Medical Sciences with the hope of staying on to do graduate Medicine! I'm coming from Hampshire, I know no one in Liverpool either!! I'd love to meet up with everybody :h:
Reply 15
Original post by KittKatt
Know what you mean! I'm staying in the UNITE student village too! :biggrin: Yeah, I felt like there was way to much pressure to drink - would much rather see more of Liverpool too :smile:

Yay! I'm in Lennon Studios :biggrin: I prefer going on trips to places during the day - I really like my sleep!!:rolleyes:
Reply 16
Original post by asareyaa

Course we could! I wouldn't mind meeting up with you :biggrin: Don't worry though - I'm kind of similar. I don't know anyone going anyway and I only live about 30 miles from Liverpool!
Reply 17
Original post by decoribbon
Yay! I'm in Lennon Studios :biggrin: I prefer going on trips to places during the day - I really like my sleep!!:rolleyes:

Haha! I'm in Larch House :smile: Oh, my God - me too! Love my sleep :biggrin:
Reply 18
Hey :smile: Yeah, I'm from nearby and coming with a few friends and I'm still nervous so it must be pretty daunting for you... Don't worry though! You'll be fine - I can vouch for the niceness of us scousers :wink: I'm doing Spanish btw... Even though we're in different places, it's all pretty close so we could defo meet up :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
DOS.
(edited 10 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending