The Student Room Group
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website

Uni of Southampton thoughts/ reviews

Hi,
I’ve got an offer to study politics at Southampton and I’m thinking of firming it. I’ve visited the uni and it seems nice but I’d just like to hear from ppl studying there. I’m not much of a drinker so I was also wondering abt the party aspect and just the uni in general.
Original post by Sklkillsme
Hi,
I’ve got an offer to study politics at Southampton and I’m thinking of firming it. I’ve visited the uni and it seems nice but I’d just like to hear from ppl studying there. I’m not much of a drinker so I was also wondering abt the party aspect and just the uni in general.

Hi @Sklkillsme

It's so great to hear that you liked Southampton Uni. I'm in my second year so have a decent bit of expirience. In terms of studying, Southampton has a friendly and encouraging team of lecturers and faculty, who are always happy to help you if you need it. you also have the support of your personal tutors who are there if you have any problems with the acedemic system. The university is a great place to study with lots of oppotunities to get involved in research and employment.
Southampton has a variety of night life from clubs and bars to shows and films. There is a range of different clubs and bars in Southampton so even though you are not much of a drinker, there will still be places you can enjoy going to. There are also plenty of events that are put on by both the university and the students union form regular activities such as weekly kareoke to annual events.

If you have any specific questions please don't hesitate to ask.
Matthew
Student ambassedor
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website
Original post by Sklkillsme
Hi,

Hey! Congrats on the offer!!
I studied at Southampton for about 4 years, and am teetotal; I never really had any issues concerning drinking and all societies/clubs now are required to also have dry/non-drinking socials as well as things such as pub crawls. (But even if you go to the pub crawls, you're more than welcome to drink sodas instead of alcohol if that's what you wish; I did that a few times and nobody has an issue with it!)

Hope this helps
As with any uni, you can certainly find non-drinking activities. It's also possible (to a point) to not drink while still participating in activities where others are drinking and still have a good time (e.g. a low key evening chatting in the pub, pub quiz etc) :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending