The Student Room Group

MAJOR HELP! - I only have a day to deiced my a levels

heyy, ok im in a sticky situation.
I got really bad GCSE grades, but they allow me to take maths, further maths and biology in A Levels. But im not looking to go into the medical path, more of the accounting/finance path.And I have decided to take:
-Maths
-Further Maths
-Biology
-Psychology
I wanted to take Economics but that requires a B in english in which i got a c.
Are these ok subjects or are they too much for me to cope with? (i got really bad GCSE grades, just saying, but im willing to put the effort in A Levels).
Thankyou
Maths and further maths take a lot of dedication, but if you're mathematically minded you should be okay. As for the other two, psychology will have the biggest load of writing/essays.
Reply 2
Biology and Psychology will take a lot of memorisation, and Psychology will take a lot of essay-writing. Not sure if that's what you're looking for. You might prefer something like Physics? Also, I don't know why they let you do Psychology but not Economics, the essay load shouldn't be that much different, surely? Maybe it's worth asking about Economics again and pointing out how good you are at Maths. Geography could also be a good choice, if you are looking for other options.

As a subject combination, your current choices are fine though.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by llys
Biology and Psychology will take a lot of memorisation, and Psychology will take a lot of essay-writing. Not sure if that's what you're looking for. You might prefer something like Physics? Also, I don't know why they let you do Psychology but not Economics, the essay load shouldn't be that much different, surely? Maybe it's worth asking about Economics again and pointing out how good you are at Maths. Geography could also be a good choice, if you are looking for other options.

As a subject combination, your current choices are fine though.

this helped a lot, thankyou!

Quick Reply

Latest