The Student Room Group

How to get A* in a level ocr religous studies

hiya, so my teacher has been absent for majority of my academic year which has lead to gaps in my eduction, especially in philosophy. i was wodnerign what are the best revision materiasl and techniques i can use to get an A*. my actual exams r in 99 days, so please help me out xx
Hey, I’m wishing you all the best for your exams. I’m sorry that there has been so much disruption!

At this stage, I’d recommend focusing on the top I said you really don’t understand I’m making sure you can maximise your Marks as best as possible!

I’d also recommend doing practice papers. This helps you get on the way of doing it for the exam and also you can have a look at Mark schemes to see what you might’ve missed.

I hope this helps. Good luck
Reply 2
Original post by AHS102
hiya, so my teacher has been absent for majority of my academic year which has lead to gaps in my eduction, especially in philosophy. i was wodnerign what are the best revision materiasl and techniques i can use to get an A*. my actual exams r in 99 days, so please help me out xx

So sorry to hear that! It's a big question. Are there particular topics you struggle with? And have you downloaded the specification from the OCR website?

But I offer some free resources on my TES shop, including a free resource on how to write an A* essay.

I've been tutoring OCR RS for fourteen years.
Reply 3
Original post by jimbleby
So sorry to hear that! It's a big question. Are there particular topics you struggle with? And have you downloaded the specification from the OCR website?
But I offer some free resources on my TES shop, including a free resource on how to write an A* essay.
I've been tutoring OCR RS for fourteen years.
Hiya jimbleby, first I would like to say thank you for your reply, I have been struggling with philosophy in all the topics which I’ll list below:
Dualist views on mind/body/soul (struggling especially with my AO2)
Materialist views on mind/body/soul
Plato and Aristotle (understand the AO1 but none for AO2)
Cosmological and ontological argument about gods existence more specially in my AO2 understand a tiny bit of AO1 so I just have to revise more
NONE for problem of evil and religious experience (had NO lesson at all on this as she had missed two months worth of lesson)
Attributes of god and religious language I understand the most in terms of AO1 but struggle in the most in AO2

For ethics I don’t understand at all meta ethics and sexual ethics and conscience. In conscience I don’t understand in terms of AO2 which is my weakness for majority and meta ethics I had like only one lesson but then she began missing classes again and sexual ethics the new teacher is uncomrtable to teach it which is stupid and he just skims throguh it without acc teaching,

Buddhism I am alright with I think I just need to revise more and am already getting grade A on certain topics but my philosophy is the one that brings my grade down to a D which is freaking me out.
Reply 4
Original post by ebyrne2036
Hey, I’m wishing you all the best for your exams. I’m sorry that there has been so much disruption!
At this stage, I’d recommend focusing on the top I said you really don’t understand I’m making sure you can maximise your Marks as best as possible!
I’d also recommend doing practice papers. This helps you get on the way of doing it for the exam and also you can have a look at Mark schemes to see what you might’ve missed.
I hope this helps. Good luck
Thank you ebyrne2036
At this point I’m just going to need prayers and YouTube videos to help me
Reply 5
Original post by AHS102
Hiya jimbleby, first I would like to say thank you for your reply, I have been struggling with philosophy in all the topics which I’ll list below:
Dualist views on mind/body/soul (struggling especially with my AO2)
Materialist views on mind/body/soul
Plato and Aristotle (understand the AO1 but none for AO2)
Cosmological and ontological argument about gods existence more specially in my AO2 understand a tiny bit of AO1 so I just have to revise more
NONE for problem of evil and religious experience (had NO lesson at all on this as she had missed two months worth of lesson)
Attributes of god and religious language I understand the most in terms of AO1 but struggle in the most in AO2
For ethics I don’t understand at all meta ethics and sexual ethics and conscience. In conscience I don’t understand in terms of AO2 which is my weakness for majority and meta ethics I had like only one lesson but then she began missing classes again and sexual ethics the new teacher is uncomrtable to teach it which is stupid and he just skims throguh it without acc teaching,
Buddhism I am alright with I think I just need to revise more and am already getting grade A on certain topics but my philosophy is the one that brings my grade down to a D which is freaking me out.
You're in luck - there are free notes on my TES for Plato and Aristotle (lots of A grade essay plans) and also some notes on meta-ethics and the soul.
Original post by AHS102

Go to alevelphilosophyandreligion.com !!! They do A star summaries of concepts
Reply 7
Original post by mcinnamon
Go to alevelphilosophyandreligion.com !!! They do A star summaries of concepts

Thanks mcinnamon i will deffo check it out xx
Original post by AHS102

Hi I'm sorry to hear that, I got an A in my RS OCR A Level and an A* on 2 of the papers so if you need any notes or essay I'm willing to sell them for a fiver in total, please email me [email protected]
Original post by AHS102

Hi mate, I was in a similar position last year when I sat my a levels. I found concentrating my revision into essay plans based on the mark schemes really helped. If your sitting OCR for philosophy and Ethics get in touch with me on my insta aj.s04 as I have essay plans for all topics on philosophy, ethics and development in christian thought which got me an A* and id be happy to help you out.
Original post by Amsingh25
Hi mate, I was in a similar position last year when I sat my a levels. I found concentrating my revision into essay plans based on the mark schemes really helped. If your sitting OCR for philosophy and Ethics get in touch with me on my insta aj.s04 as I have essay plans for all topics on philosophy, ethics and development in christian thought which got me an A* and id be happy to help you out.

Hiya amsingh25

Thanks for the help I’ll message you for help on the philosophy and ethics.

Thanks alot x
Original post by simrankc26
Hi I'm sorry to hear that, I got an A in my RS OCR A Level and an A* on 2 of the papers so if you need any notes or essay I'm willing to sell them for a fiver in total, please email me [email protected]

Hiya simrankc26,

I’ll email you soon about the notes for philosophy and ethics

Many thanks for the help

From AHS

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending