The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1380
did they have a 'hold list' year?
Reply 1381
Original post by xxynxoxx
For those of you who are holding UEA offers, have you been given a specific date by which you must make your decision about accepting or declining your offers?

Posted from TSR Mobile

nope, I think UCAS give you a deadline after receiving all decisions though.
Reply 1382
Im an international applicant and I received an email today saying that my application is still under consideration.. Oh well ! At least it wasn't a rejection haha :colondollar: I want UEA so bad, I am literally in love with it :frown: Congrats to all of you who received offers !
Original post by salmaed
Im an international applicant and I received an email today saying that my application is still under consideration.. Oh well ! At least it wasn't a rejection haha :colondollar: I want UEA so bad, I am literally in love with it :frown: Congrats to all of you who received offers !

what does that mean? "under consideration"
So I got an email saying I have to wait until the 8th of May. Are they ****ing kidding me????

WHY ARE THEY DOING THIS TO MEEEEEEEEEEEE
Original post by chrisy:)
did they have a 'hold list' year?

Yepp. It is essentially a waiting list.

Would be nice if they could just let me know what the f is happening so I could start planning my gap year
Reply 1386
Original post by FutureSurgeon
Thank you so much! And may I ask what you did during your gap year, if you don't mind? Did you apply to the same universities as last time? And did you include details of your gap year in your personal statement? Thanks again in advance!

No problem! I spent a month in Ghana where I spent time shadowing in a hospital and volunteering in an orphanage, and after that I focused on finding a job and preparing for interviews. Yeah I included my plans to go to Ghana in my personal statement :smile:
Original post by letsbehonest
So I got an email saying I have to wait until the 8th of May. Are they ****ing kidding me????

WHY ARE THEY DOING THIS TO MEEEEEEEEEEEE

When did you receive this email? I haven't got this. Genuinely think they've forgotten about me :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1388
Original post by letsbehonest
Yepp. It is essentially a waiting list.

Would be nice if they could just let me know what the f is happening so I could start planning my gap year

oh great! i know i really want to officially plan my gap year but this is taking soo long!! :frown: tbh i think they're just waiting if any offer holders withdraw their application
Original post by kingshill
When did you receive this email? I haven't got this. Genuinely think they've forgotten about me :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Today @ 15:36

Thank you for attending an interview at the Norwich Medical School for the MBBS Medicine degree course.
This year, the level of competition for places has been immensely high and therefore your application is currently still under consideration. A decision will be made by the UCAS deadline of 8th May 2014 at the latest -__-
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by chrisy:)
oh great! i know i really want to officially plan my gap year but this is taking soo long!! :frown: tbh i think they're just waiting if any offer holders withdraw their application

Yepp that's exactly what they are doing unfortunately

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think you should call them up before the office closes today! They can't just forget about you
Original post by OohNana
No problem! I spent a month in Ghana where I spent time shadowing in a hospital and volunteering in an orphanage, and after that I focused on finding a job and preparing for interviews. Yeah I included my plans to go to Ghana in my personal statement :smile:

Alright thanks a lot for the info! What was your UKCAT the first time round and what was it the second time round? If you don't mind?
Rejected :frown: knew it was coming
Good luck to everyone else
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1394
Original post by FutureSurgeon
Alright thanks a lot for the info! What was your UKCAT the first time round and what was it the second time round? If you don't mind?

I was very fortunate! It was 710 the first time and 795 the second time :bigsmile:

Feel sorry for you man, them stringing it out like this :frown:

I am really sorry mate. I can imagine how you are feeling :console:

At least the agonising wait is over for you :smile:
Reply 1397
Original post by flosumner
10-11.. so you can get the train at 8/8:30 maybe, I'm getting the 8:00 one :smile:

Are you talking about the offer holders visit day? Are there different sessions because my booking confirmation says the first session starts at 09:30 :confused:
I will be back in May but in the mean time I won't be posting on tsr as I have requested a temporary ban to get on with my studies
Original post by xxynxoxx
For those of you who are holding UEA offers, have you been given a specific date by which you must make your decision about accepting or declining your offers?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I haven't heard anything from them about that, I am still waiting to hear from another uni so I hope it isn't for a while!

Latest

Trending

Trending