The Student Room Group

Xbox One vs PS4

Obvious question. Being technology-focused, which do you think will be the better buy in the long run?
Reply 1
I've already chosen but it's because the tech inside is pretty much the same and where there are differences they will be barely noticeable: they are now the same for DRM as Microsoft backtracked after e3, both have the same cpu, the graphics core is only marginally diffferent, they have the same 8gb ram with a difference that only developers will care about. This time round ps4 players will have to pay for online multi-player. So they are pretty on par so my decision has been purely based on the games I like to play due to exclusivity, the type of controller I like to use and I thought about what my friends are getting aswell, so I'll be sticking with xbox. :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by HJ M
I've already chosen but it's because the tech inside is pretty much the same and where there are differences they will be barely noticeable: they are now the same for DRM as Microsoft backtracked after e3, both have the same cpu, the graphics core is only marginally diffferent, they have the same 8gb ram with a difference that only developers will care about. This time round ps4 players will have to pay for online multi-player. So they are pretty on par so my decision has been purely based on the games I like to play due to exclusivity, the type of controller I like to use and I thought about what my friends are getting aswell, so I'll be sticking with xbox. :smile:

What he said :biggrin:
Reply 3
I would go with the PS4, awesome specs, graphics etc.
Reply 4
It is virtually impossible to choose between these two. I would probably be tempted by the PS4 simply because I would be more likely to play Gran Turismo than Halo. It's also cheaper.
Reply 5
Wii U

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending