The Student Room Group

West London Colleges (Sixth Form)

Hi,

I am planning to move to London next year and I am almost 18 but I need to do an extra year so I've decided to do my third year in a college in London.

I was looking at Ealing Hammersmith & West London College and I was wondering if it is actually any good? Are there any other colleges that people recommend around Hammersmith/West London?

Thanks
Reply 1
Anyone?

thanks
Reply 2
St Dominic's in Harrow? Sort of west london. Woodhouse if north west.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by Dylann
St Dominic's in Harrow? Sort of west london. Woodhouse if north west.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks for your reply. Is St Dominic's a religious type of college at all? The problem is if I want to live around those places I will be so far away from the city...
We don't know your personal information, obviously, but remember that CENTRAL London is a very expensive place to live.

How are you going to be supporting yourself?

Going somewhere just outside the main city and commuting in when you want to could, actually, be better for you!
Reply 5
Harrow isn't very far from central. The tube line it's on is pretty quick and has not that many stops
Reply 6
Basically there are 2 reasons I was considering Hammersmith:

1. I currently live in Brighton, which is about 1 hour away from London. I would like to move somewhere in London that is close to the city and according to Google Maps, it takes about 50-55 minutes to get from St. Dominic's/Woodhouse to somewhere in central like Trafalgar Square - therefore it would be almost the same distance as living in Brighton so it's pointless to me.

2. My sister is currently lives in Uxbridge, so I was trying to find somewhere in between the city and Uxbridge (which Hammersmith doesn't seem to have bad transport links to that area, and also it's about 20 minutes drive). For this matter, Harrow would be close, but on the other hand it's far from the city which makes it bad.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending