The Student Room Group

Dental materials/ dental technology?

Okay so I have a few questions, someone please answer because im like desperate now :frown:, so my original plan was to apply for dentistry, it didn't work out because I didn't get the grades for AS and my ukcat was not high enough :frown: kindve ruined my life but yeah, so I wrote a dentistry personal statement the careers team loved it bla bla bla, I also did a month of dentistry work experience and so on and so forth, I would apply for optometry but im generally not interested in that field, and I have no work experience in that field what so ever! so im applying for dental materials instead for 2014 entry, but im a bit confused...... I want to apply for dental materials at queen marys uni soo badly wanna go there to do dental materials! but obviously I have 5 choices not 1, so I was wandering, can I apply for dental materials at qmul, and 2 dental technology (BSc) and 2 biomedical science backups? is dental technology the same and dental materials? can I go into dentistry after a degree in dental technology? because my first choice is dental materials at queen marys, should I refer to dental materials in my personal statement or dental technology? Can I still have biomed as a backup if im doing dental materials? Is dental materials/ technology competitive as well? SOMEONEEE HELP MY LIFEE!!
Original post by fatimabano
Okay so I have a few questions, someone please answer because im like desperate now :frown:, so my original plan was to apply for dentistry, it didn't work out because I didn't get the grades for AS and my ukcat was not high enough :frown: kindve ruined my life but yeah, so I wrote a dentistry personal statement the careers team loved it bla bla bla, I also did a month of dentistry work experience and so on and so forth, I would apply for optometry but im generally not interested in that field, and I have no work experience in that field what so ever! so im applying for dental materials instead for 2014 entry, but im a bit confused...... I want to apply for dental materials at queen marys uni soo badly wanna go there to do dental materials! but obviously I have 5 choices not 1, so I was wandering, can I apply for dental materials at qmul, and 2 dental technology (BSc) and 2 biomedical science backups? is dental technology the same and dental materials? can I go into dentistry after a degree in dental technology? because my first choice is dental materials at queen marys, should I refer to dental materials in my personal statement or dental technology? Can I still have biomed as a backup if im doing dental materials? Is dental materials/ technology competitive as well? SOMEONEEE HELP MY LIFEE!!

Welcome to the site! You're unlikely to find help for this in the Welcome Lounge - that forum is just for people to introduce themselves rather than asking other questions. :tongue: I've moved your thread to the Universities forums, where you should be able to find others who can help you. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest