The Student Room Group

Opinions on these courses / unis please!!

Hi, I’m in Y13 and I applied to these courses recently but I wasn’t able to attend any open days for those universities so if anyone who’s already doing the course I chose could reply with an opinion of it and any tips or things you found good/bad about the course at that uni. Thank you so much in advance!

The courses and unis:
Dental Hygiene - London South Bank University
Dental Hygiene and Therapy - University of Birmingham
Dental Technology - University of Bolton
Dental Hygiene and Therapy - University of Bristol
Dental Therapy and Hygiene - King's College London
(edited 2 months ago)
Reply 1
Original post by mds0306
Hi, I’m in Y13 and I applied to these courses recently but I wasn’t able to attend any open days for those universities so if anyone who’s already doing the course I chose could reply with an opinion of it and any tips or things you found good/bad about the course at that uni. Thank you so much in advance!

The courses and unis:

Hi I have also applied for dental hygiene at bristol, cardiff, birmingham, plymouth, suffolk.
Have you heard back from birmingham or bristol yet?
I also have been to the birmingham open day and I really liked the dental hospital and the lecture rooms for dental hygiene were really big
(edited 2 months ago)
Original post by mds0306

The courses and unis:

I applied to a few unis that you have applied to. Have you got any offers? I applied on January the 24th
Reply 3
Original post by Zahrahrashid
I applied to a few unis that you have applied to. Have you got any offers? I applied on January the 24th

Hi I have just seen your message on the other thread. No I have not received any offers yet. What unis did you apply to? Have you heard anything back yet either?
Reply 4
Original post by Zahrahrashid

Hey!
Unfortunately my applications for Bristol and Birmingham have been ‘unsuccessful’, not declined but still won’t be considered for a place there. Those were my top options so I’m not sure what I’m gonna do now 😀
Bolton is the only one I have an actual offer from, but it was my “I need a fifth uni, this one will do” choice.
Genuinely quite upset but I’m not sure what I can do about it other than wait for Kings and LSBU, if I don’t get into any of those - which seems to be the current pattern - I’ll probably retry next year because (no offence to anyone from Bolton) but it looks terrifying 😭
Reply 5
Original post by z1469288
Hi I have also applied for dental hygiene at bristol, cardiff, birmingham, plymouth, suffolk.
Have you heard back from birmingham or bristol yet?
I also have been to the birmingham open day and I really liked the dental hospital and the lecture rooms for dental hygiene were really big

Hi!
Thanks for the info for Birmingham! It was my top choice because it’s close and I’ve heard very good things about it! Unfortunately, if you read my reply above, my application has been unsuccessful (to Birmingham and Bristol) 😭
I don’t understand why they can just turn it away as unsuccessful and say you’re no longer considered for the place when they don’t know how many people will actually accept the offer they got?? Anyway, no hard feelings, guess if I don’t get offers from Kings or LSBU I’ll try again next year.
Reply 6
Hi sorry to hear that.
Stay positive!
(edited 2 months ago)
Original post by mds0306

The courses and unis:

hey have you heard back from Bristol yet?

Quick Reply

Latest