The Student Room Group
Bangor University
Bangor University
Visit website

Bangor 2014

Scroll to see replies

Oh yeahh,that sounds a better deal actually! I only want to go to jmj because its mostly welsh haha! Is Bangor your first choice? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Bangor University
Bangor University
Visit website
I've applied to do History at Bangor, I want to look at the accommodation but the page isn't loading the photos...is this a website issue or just my laptop being an idiot (again :tongue:)

Don't think Bangor will be my first choice...it's so far awaaaaaaay! :'( Shame because I really like the look of the uni!
Reply 22
Original post by NicolaJones
Oh yeahh,that sounds a better deal actually! I only want to go to jmj because its mostly welsh haha! Is Bangor your first choice? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ah right that's ideal for you then, and yeah I've already been accepted, I deferred it to 2014 from 2013, currently taking a gap year as I wasn't sure whether to go at first, thats more me being emotional not wanting to leave Manchester though hahaha! But definitely going in 2014 :biggrin: Is it your first choice?

Original post by :) Lizzie19
I've applied to do History at Bangor, I want to look at the accommodation but the page isn't loading the photos...is this a website issue or just my laptop being an idiot (again :tongue:)

Don't think Bangor will be my first choice...it's so far awaaaaaaay! :'( Shame because I really like the look of the uni!
Works fine for me, try a different web browser maybe? :smile:
Yeah, I did try - went to college tried to get on it there but it didn't work - I'll just retry it :smile:
Oh cool! Yeahh it's between Bangor and Carmarthen for me,tell me about it! The only thing puttin me off Bangor is I live 20 minutes away and I want the uni experience,but bangor's too good to ignore because its close! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 25
Original post by :) Lizzie19
Yeah, I did try - went to college tried to get on it there but it didn't work - I'll just retry it :smile:

I'm confused now, are you on about the picture of the halls, when you click each one, like the outside building? They are showing for me, some even have videos below it showing you the rooms inside :smile: If it doesn't work you can always google the hall name and find images that way!

Oh cool! Yeahh it's between Bangor and Carmarthen for me,tell me about it! The only thing puttin me off Bangor is I live 20 minutes away and I want the uni experience,but bangor's too good to ignore because its close! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aye but if you are living in halls at Bangor you will get the full Uni experience, your family home being 20 minutes away is a massive bonus! Could visit home without the long journey! For me its like 2 and a half hours to Bangor from Manchester, which isn't bad but 20 minutes that's brilliant :smile: I generally can't wait to go, it will be such a great experience, meeting new people, being more independent, partying obviously. So excited :biggrin:
Yeahh,you're right! I know,it's such a lovely place as well,you didn't want to go to Manchester? I'd get lost going round a uni there! Haha,I hope I'll see you around Bangor next year then haha :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 27
Yeahh,you're right! I know,it's such a lovely place as well,you didn't want to go to Manchester? I'd get lost going round a uni there! Haha,I hope I'll see you around Bangor next year then haha :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I was only there for one day and I really liked the way it looked, different to your usual Urban city university! I was thinking of applying there but I decided I want to live away, it would be a much better experience. Hahaha I live in Manchester and even I still don't know my way around the city centre:confused: Yeah hopefully that's the case :biggrin:
(edited 10 years ago)
Yeahh the nightlife in bangor's pretty good too which is a bonus haha :smile: yeahh that's what I'm worried about with the uni experience haha :smile: see you there haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 29
I'm currently going to send my application through with Zoology on it's own and Zoology with conservation, considering adding Zoology with Marine Biology as I really like the look of the university + accommodation and I've heard a lot of good things about it.

It seems to be a very popular course so I hopefully I get an offer!
Reply 30
Yeahh the nightlife in bangor's pretty good too which is a bonus haha :smile: yeahh that's what I'm worried about with the uni experience haha :smile: see you there haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, is there alot of bars & clubs to go to in Bangor or? Cannot wait for the weekend nightlife at uni :biggrin:
Yeah,probably not as much as Manchester haha but we have a lot of nightclubs and bars :smile: and freshers is really good! Haha :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 32
Yeah,probably not as much as Manchester haha but we have a lot of nightclubs and bars :smile: and freshers is really good! Haha :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah obviously:tongue: Yeah looking forward to September, hopefully comes fast :biggrin:
Yeah hopefully! Haha :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 34

Posted from TSR Mobile

hey there nicola im new on here im hopefully going to Bangor this year to study Zoology and Herpetology course :smile:
Reply 35
anybody else studying zoology with herpetology?:colondollar:
Hi! :smile: oh cool,have you heard anything from bangor yet? Is it your first choice? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Has anybody heard back from Bangor yet that is applying to marine/environmental sciences? I applied for marine biology and marine environmental sciences on the 2nd and I'm still waiting to hear back!
Reply 38
Hi everyone :smile:

I applied for Geography Bsc, and got an offer on Friday. A tad bit confused tho, they gave me a conditional offer on minimum of 300 points from 2 A levels. Could somebody explain?
Original post by Pilot96
Hi everyone :smile:

I applied for Geography Bsc, and got an offer on Friday. A tad bit confused tho, they gave me a conditional offer on minimum of 300 points from 2 A levels. Could somebody explain?

It's probably means at least two a levels, what does the whole thing say?

Quick Reply

Latest