The Student Room Group
Bangor University
Bangor University
Visit website

Plymouth v bangor University

I can't decide whether I want to study zoology at plymouth or bangor. Ive been in Plymouth for a year already for a different course and know the area, but would have to stay here for another 4 years as I'd have to do a foundation year. I have visited bangor and I know there course is good. I was just wondering if anyone had an opinion on what I should do
Original post by EdenS62
I can't decide whether I want to study zoology at plymouth or bangor. Ive been in Plymouth for a year already for a different course and know the area, but would have to stay here for another 4 years as I'd have to do a foundation year. I have visited bangor and I know there course is good. I was just wondering if anyone had an opinion on what I should do

Hi @EdenS62

I think only you can make the decision, but yes Bangor is fantastic for Zoology, they even have there own society which is free to join.

They also offer opportunities to carry out fieldwork both home and abroad, and to volunteer in research laboratories and animal facilities. Throughout your time at Bangor you will gain important subject-specific and transferable skills in experimental design, practical work, data analysis, group work, oral presentation, writing, and IT.

Tv presenter Steve Backshall is now part of the teaching team here!

We also have our own natural history museum with a comprehensive collection of insects and vertebrate material, marine and freshwater aquaria, a herpetarium, small mammal facilities, and a suite of environmentally-controlled rooms.

Our location is an ideal place to study zoology as we have an extensive range of local terrestrial and aquatic habitats for field trips, including the University’s botanic gardens at Treborth.

Hope this helps, I also studied at Bangor and what a fantastic three years it was!!

Sera :smile:
Bangor University
Bangor University
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest