The Student Room Group
Bangor University
Bangor University
Visit website

Bangor 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
I have applied a week ago to study Psychology and I'm waiting for a response. Has anyone who's doing Psychology had an offer from them? If so how long did they take? It's only been a week since I applied but I'm already a nervous wreck checking my emails every 10 minutes!
Bangor University
Bangor University
Visit website
Reply 41
Original post by AnthonyJames95
Has anybody heard back from Bangor yet that is applying to marine/environmental sciences? I applied for marine biology and marine environmental sciences on the 2nd and I'm still waiting to hear back!

Well the school of physical sciences sent me a big package with a load of info inviting me to and interview for chemistry, enclosed was leaflets for all the courses in that department or linked, and your subjects leaflets were there. its strange cuz i haven't really received any email contact , just postage.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 42
I literally got an email from ucas about 2 hours after posting this and it was an offer from Bangor. Absolutely over the moon!
The new buildings are much much better than the old!

The old ones feel like prison cells!

I'm currently in Peris!

*current 1st year student, marine biology!*
Reply 44
Original post by Mikeash609
I have applied a week ago to study Psychology and I'm waiting for a response. Has anyone who's doing Psychology had an offer from them? If so how long did they take? It's only been a week since I applied but I'm already a nervous wreck checking my emails every 10 minutes!

Hey potential Psych bud. I've made the split decision to swap one of my choices last minute for Bangor. Never knew they were so good for psychology!
Reply 45
Did anyone else go to one of the open days, looked in the old, grand library and just think "Oh my god, Hogwarts...Hogwarts everywhere"?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm very much considering Bangor as my second choice, if I don't make it to York, and was wondering if anyone else applying knew anything about music performance or rehearsal? I enjoy music as a hobby and thought it'd be interesting to see if there's any other people into the same sorta stuff? At York, I know that one bar has a Jazz improv night each week, where you can just go up and play. Another thing I found out was that there are more musicians doing Electronic Engineering than a Music degree there.

tl;dr : Is Bangor a musical university?
Reply 47
Has anyone that had their application sent off around 15th December had any offers yet or am I just being really impatient as the Christmas break just finished? Haha
Reply 48
Do you what? It is so weird reading through this thread thinking "wow I could be going to university with these people in like 11 months" hahaha.
Has anybody gotten an interview for primary education lately? Getting nervous now! However,it's really exciting to know I have my conditional to do welsh in Bangor! Hopefully I'll see some of you around! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 50
Original post by Musesi
Has anyone that had their application sent off around 15th December had any offers yet or am I just being really impatient as the Christmas break just finished? Haha

I haven't had an offer but I had confirmation this morning so you should get something soon :smile:
Reply 51
Original post by SilentSeraph
I'm very much considering Bangor as my second choice, if I don't make it to York, and was wondering if anyone else applying knew anything about music performance or rehearsal? I enjoy music as a hobby and thought it'd be interesting to see if there's any other people into the same sorta stuff? At York, I know that one bar has a Jazz improv night each week, where you can just go up and play. Another thing I found out was that there are more musicians doing Electronic Engineering than a Music degree there.

tl;dr : Is Bangor a musical university?

I come from Hong Kong and I've applied Bangor Music (BMus) Course. :smile: They gave me an offer via letter last week. As I've never came to UK before, I feel really excited!! Hull also gave me offer, but I'm wondering which uni is better among the music course. Anyone knows?
Original post by chanelly
I come from Hong Kong and I've applied Bangor Music (BMus) Course. :smile: They gave me an offer via letter last week. As I've never came to UK before, I feel really excited!! Hull also gave me offer, but I'm wondering which uni is better among the music course. Anyone knows?

Oh wow, and I thought I would be coming from far away! What instrument(s) do you play?
Reply 53
Original post by SilentSeraph
Oh wow, and I thought I would be coming from far away! What instrument(s) do you play?

I play piano and a bit trumpet (I learnt 1 year but finally forced to give up playing becoz my mum want me to focus on my piano exam 4 years ago). Now I wanna pick up trumpet again...!
Reply 54
Got conditional offers for both Zoology and Zoology with Conservation last night and the conditions are what I'm on track for anyway so I'm so happy and can pretty much say I'm going to Bangor this year :smile: anyone else doing Zoology 2014? cos it seemed quite popular on here last year
Applied to do Geological Oceangraphy at bangor i'm yet to receive an offer ,its my first choice :biggrin:
Reply 56
Original post by Elliot Corner
Applied to do Geological Oceangraphy at bangor i'm yet to receive an offer ,its my first choice :biggrin:

Bangor is my first choice too, I've applied their Music course and just got the offer today! Actually I think I'll receive the offer in late Jan becoz I'm an international student, but surprisingly I got the offer tdy!! :smile:
Original post by chanelly
Bangor is my first choice too, I've applied their Music course and just got the offer today! Actually I think I'll receive the offer in late Jan becoz I'm an international student, but surprisingly I got the offer tdy!! :smile:

They have already replied to me but they wanted me to fax my a level sociology certificate to them.They should get back to me soon :smile:
Reply 58
Is anyone thinking of doing history? I applied and have got an unconditional offer and I'm so excited now, don't think I can wait till September!! :biggrin:
Reply 59
Original post by Keelhaul
Hey potential Psych bud. I've made the split decision to swap one of my choices last minute for Bangor. Never knew they were so good for psychology!

Hey, I'm applying for Psychology too! I just sent my application a week ago but am crapping myself with worry, I absolutely loved Bangor when I went to see it, so I hope I get in.

Have you got an offer yet? and also... if you don't mind me asking, what A level grades are you predicted? I'm predicted ABBc but I'm really worried this simply won't be enough...

I'm so nervous, I literally jump every time my phone beeps!

Quick Reply

Latest