The Student Room Group
Bangor University
Bangor University
Visit website

Bangor 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by ZackHa
Hey, I'm applying for Psychology too! I just sent my application a week ago but am crapping myself with worry, I absolutely loved Bangor when I went to see it, so I hope I get in.

Have you got an offer yet? and also... if you don't mind me asking, what A level grades are you predicted? I'm predicted ABBc but I'm really worried this simply won't be enough...

I'm so nervous, I literally jump every time my phone beeps!

Yeah, I've gotten an offer of 280 points from a minimum of 2 A levels minus my extended project.
I'm predicted A(resitting exams only) BC and either an A or B for AS. You should be fine with grades like that :smile: I got an offer 1 week after I sent mine. Good luck to you! I haven't been there yet but my friend studies forestry there and absolutely loves it. How is it?
Bangor University
Bangor University
Visit website
Reply 61
Original post by Keelhaul
Yeah, I've gotten an offer of 280 points from a minimum of 2 A levels minus my extended project.
I'm predicted A(resitting exams only) BC and either an A or B for AS. You should be fine with grades like that :smile: I got an offer 1 week after I sent mine. Good luck to you! I haven't been there yet but my friend studies forestry there and absolutely loves it. How is it?

OFFER!!!!

300 UCAS points!

I'm so happy, I might have actually shed a tear when I read that I got an offer :-D

Bangor uni is a beauty, we got the most spectacular view of the main building(the one you see in the pictures) when we got into bangor. Its perched on a small hill sorounded by greenery... I could almost say it was magical but that might be pushing it a little ;-D
And its so green! I live in a little town in the midlands and I've never seen so much vivid greenery.

I met a Psych lecturer.
He looked a bit deranged from far off (he had mad hair) but he was the sweetest guy, we talked a bit about the course and stuff and he answered a few of my questions regarding the course.

My personal highlight of the day was the library, it was gorgeous!
Type in 'shankland reading room bangor' into google and you'll see what I'm talking about

Is Bangor gonna be your firm?
Reply 62
Original post by ZackHa
OFFER!!!!

300 UCAS points!

I'm so happy, I might have actually shed a tear when I read that I got an offer :-D

Bangor uni is a beauty, we got the most spectacular view of the main building(the one you see in the pictures) when we got into bangor. Its perched on a small hill sorounded by greenery... I could almost say it was magical but that might be pushing it a little ;-D
And its so green! I live in a little town in the midlands and I've never seen so much vivid greenery.

I met a Psych lecturer.
He looked a bit deranged from far off (he had mad hair) but he was the sweetest guy, we talked a bit about the course and stuff and he answered a few of my questions regarding the course.

My personal highlight of the day was the library, it was gorgeous!
Type in 'shankland reading room bangor' into google and you'll see what I'm talking about

Is Bangor gonna be your firm?

Congratulations! That library is beautiful *o*
I'm not sure yet, I'm waiting on 3 universities still.. Plus my parents don't want to leave, they seem to think I'll starve or something and they'll have to support me and they can't afford it.
Bangor is definitely in my top 3 though. The other two are Plymouth and Liverpool. Plymouths given me an offer for advanced psychology, I figure if I can get onto a course for a masters then great, it means I wont have to fund it myself. Plus living there is a bonus :wink: Liverpool..well its a russel group what more can I say. But I'm waiting for Liverpool, Hertfordshire and Nottingham trent.
Don't suppose you saw any of the facilities they have there and if so what have they got? I like sleep research but its very rare to find a sleep lab since it costs so much to keep people in to sleep :frown:
Reply 63
Original post by Keelhaul
Congratulations! That library is beautiful *o*
I'm not sure yet, I'm waiting on 3 universities still.. Plus my parents don't want to leave, they seem to think I'll starve or something and they'll have to support me and they can't afford it.
Bangor is definitely in my top 3 though. The other two are Plymouth and Liverpool. Plymouths given me an offer for advanced psychology, I figure if I can get onto a course for a masters then great, it means I wont have to fund it myself. Plus living there is a bonus :wink: Liverpool..well its a russel group what more can I say. But I'm waiting for Liverpool, Hertfordshire and Nottingham trent.
Don't suppose you saw any of the facilities they have there and if so what have they got? I like sleep research but its very rare to find a sleep lab since it costs so much to keep people in to sleep :frown:

I've got an offer for advanced Psychology at Plymouth too, it's damn pretty tempting to just take the funded Masters offer, I certainly couldn't pay to do one myself.
My dream firm is Abderdeen, but I think I'll just get rejected... otherwise I think Bangor is going to be firm and Plymouth insurance.

No I didn't see any of the Psychology facilities, maybe they'll show people around on the subject specific applicant days...

Its costs them money to keep people asleep! The irony, they should ask sleep deprived teens, they'd do it for free!

You live in Plymouth? I didn't get a chance to go the open day, so don't really know what I've got myself into... What is it like living there?
Reply 64
I applied for Zoology and Zoology with animal behaviour. Got offers so now I just need to get my A2 exams out the way. Loved it at the open day so its definitely my first choice :biggrin:
Reply 65
I got an offer for Bangor!!! Anybody else doing creative studies?? Hopefully they'll welcome scousers :colondollar: Oh and is anybody going to an admissions day? I really don't know what to expect from that???? Advice would be welcomed:redface:
I got an offer from Bangor! Marine Biology and Oceanography or just plain Marine Biology! So excited, it doesn't seem like many people on this site are into Marine Biology, it's hard to find good discussions!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 67
Sweet i got an offer from bangor aswell for marine biology with oceanography and ocean science. Great to finally find someone else who going into the same field. Bangors an ideal location for marine biology aswell being only 6 foot from the sea or something mental.
Anybody heard anything for welsh or primary education? Got a conditional for welsh but heard nothing for primary education yet :s hope I see some of you around next year! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've applied to Bangor's French and German with Italian and their Media Studies with French. Has anyone heard back yet from these? I'm literally checking my email every fifteen minutes!
Just received an unconditional offer to study Environmental Management at Bangor :smile:
Not 100% sure yet as it's only my first offer but i'll be visiting in 2 weeks.
I'll be two years older than most though (i've taken 2 gap years), anyone else gonna be a bit older?
Also, has anyone else considered getting a room in a house (as opposed to halls) in first year? I would like a house share but worried it'll all be mature students or post grads!
Reply 71
Haha yeah im going to be a little older than most people aswell. Im a little unsure about a house share too, as I kind of want the halls experience but wouldnt mind an unsuite room. On the other hand i would hate it if I shared a house and everyone was on a different mindset than us first years like post grads! Congratulations on the unconditional exceptance!!
Reply 72
Hi I am posting this on lots and lots of forums on here. Due to us animal science lot being the wallflowers of the University Applicant world I made a facebook page. I am hoping enough people will like it so everyone can potentially meet others on their course, talk about worries and concerns, talk about fees and accommodation and so on!
Please like and share https://www.facebook.com/Educationforanimalscience2014
Original post by ML1996
I applied for Zoology and Zoology with animal behaviour. Got offers so now I just need to get my A2 exams out the way. Loved it at the open day so its definitely my first choice :biggrin:

I have applied for the exact same courses as you and have recieved conditionals from both. I have chosen Zoology with Animal Behaviour as my firm choice and Zoology as my back-up. I have got to say I can't wait to start in September :smile:
Reply 74
Original post by Lowri Lewis
I have applied for the exact same courses as you and have recieved conditionals from both. I have chosen Zoology with Animal Behaviour as my firm choice and Zoology as my back-up. I have got to say I can't wait to start in September :smile:

I can't wait either, I still haven't decided which of my offers from Bangor i'm going to choose as my firm yet :biggrin:
I'm so fed up with the repetitive school lifestyle, so hopefully the university lifestyle is more enjoyable :tongue:
Original post by ML1996
I can't wait either, I still haven't decided which of my offers from Bangor i'm going to choose as my firm yet :biggrin:
I'm so fed up with the repetitive school lifestyle, so hopefully the university lifestyle is more enjoyable :tongue:

Yeah, I know what you mean it is sooo repetitive. Bangor seems like a lovely place aswell. Which halls of residence are you looking at? *Heavy breathing* :u:
Reply 76
Original post by ElleMoly
I got an offer for Bangor!!! Anybody else doing creative studies?? Hopefully they'll welcome scousers :colondollar: Oh and is anybody going to an admissions day? I really don't know what to expect from that???? Advice would be welcomed:redface:

HEY! Congratulations! Yesterday I got my offer to this course too, so we will probably meet in September! :biggrin:
Reply 77
Still no offer after 2 months :/
Reply 78
Original post by Ryan.W
Still no offer after 2 months :/

Don't be too dis-heartened the uni have got until May to reply :smile:
Reply 79
I've recently been in contact with my buddy..(from email buddy scheme) just gotta say that she was really really helpful and really reassured me a lot.
Don't opt out for this, it truly is a great way of asking all those questions you've always had, to a student on your course.

Quick Reply

Latest