Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by ElleMoly
Don't be too dis-heartened the uni have got until May to reply :smile:

That's true!! :smile:
Bangor University
Bangor University
Visit website
Is this uni better than swansea uni for accounting and finance?
Reply 82
I have an offer for Computer Information Systems from Bangor, anyone doing the same or Computer Science?
Just got an interview for primary teaching for next Monday! Anyone else have an interview? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 84
Original post by Lowri Lewis
Yeah, I know what you mean it is sooo repetitive. Bangor seems like a lovely place aswell. Which halls of residence are you looking at? *Heavy breathing* :u:

I haven't really started looking at the halls of residence yet :colondollar: i guess i should start looking :tongue: but i can see myself settling for one of the halls on normal site because that seems alright there from what i heard at the open day :biggrin:
Original post by ML1996
I haven't really started looking at the halls of residence yet :colondollar: i guess i should start looking :tongue: but i can see myself settling for one of the halls on normal site because that seems alright there from what i heard at the open day :biggrin:

Haha, yeah they seem good. I have so many in mind, I just can't choose which one i want to go for :s-smilie:
Reply 86
Original post by ML1996

I think I would choose Normal Site too but I've heard that some students says they have to walk 15-20 minutes to the main building...
Reply 87
Original post by lewis7
I've been accepted for Sept 2014 for BSc in Chemistry :biggrin: I need to start thinking about accommodation now!

What was your offer? I've applied to do Bsc Chemistry with industrial experience and have been invited for an interview on 17th of Feb :smile: Where else have you applied?
Just put Bangor as my first choice university, to study environmental science. Very excited!!! :biggrin:
Reply 89
Original post by annemarie92
Hello all, I've just applied to Bangor, Chester, Gloucester, Sheffield and Keele to study English, however Bangor is my first option and Gloucester is my insurance.

I sent my UCAS on the 23rd but still have this message:

23-10-2013 (08:29) Your application has been approved by your referee/coordinator.
23-10-2013 (08:29) Your reference has been completed and is waiting for approval.

Does this mean my tutor hasn't sent my reference? I really hope she doesn't leave it until after half term, because I've heard that Bangor start giving out early offers on the 2nd November.

Also, I wonder if I could pick the brains of any current university student...
You know how you have to pay a £300 deposit for your accommodation, Well, does this come out of your loan? Do you have to pay it right away or when you get there? I won't have £300 for accommodation at the end of July.

Which halls are closest to the English school? Do you enjoy living there? Do they have en-suite?

Lastly, is anyone applying for Bangor, Chester, Gloucester, Sheffield or Keele to study English in 2014?

Happy waiting :wink: x

Hey i'm a 3rd yr student here so trying to remember about the deposit. I'm pretty sure i had to pay the £300 before uni started to make sure i had a place in halls which are in high demand btw! so apply as soon as the applications come out! Also apply to the Ffriddoedd Halls, the newer ones, all the halls are on one campus, so apply there as you will be amongst all the other students and its only 2 min walk to morrisons! and main arts building for lectures. DO NOT apply to normal site halls, they are the furthest away. So remember if you want a good first year FFRIDDOEDD halls. That's where you'll make all your friends :smile:
Reply 90
Original post by ML1996

Nooooo take it from someone who knows FFRIDDOEDD site halls! they are closest to the uni unless your doing a course which is at normal site. But more goes on at Friddoedd, as its the biggest site for halls, you will meet more people. But its your choice.
Reply 91
I've received an unconditional to study Sports Science (Outdoor Activities) although I'm not sure whether I want to go to Bangor or to study Outdoor Education at Carmarthen. Think it's going to Bangor though! So I'll probably see you in September
Reply 92
I've applied for the MSc in Applied Sport and Exercise Physiology. Just waiting to hear now! :biggrin:
Reply 93
I've just passed the IELTS requirement in Bangor, so I will probably be going to Bangor Uni this Sep to study Music! So excited! Now thinking about which hall should I choose? Is the normal site really far away from the main building? If it's a 15-20 mins walk, it is not a problem to me coz I wanna do some exercise haha!:P
Reply 94
I had to ring the manager of the admission team because they had lost my application so if people are waiting then I would call them. But now I have got a offer when thy found the application form!!
Reply 95
Original post by chanelly
I've just passed the IELTS requirement in Bangor, so I will probably be going to Bangor Uni this Sep to study Music! So excited! Now thinking about which hall should I choose? Is the normal site really far away from the main building? If it's a 15-20 mins walk, it is not a problem to me coz I wanna do some exercise haha!:P

Apparently they are 15-20 minutes away but we can always walk, or buy a bicycle or whatever. I don't think it worths around 4000 pounds to live closer to the main buildings so i don't have to walk:biggrin: Are you foreign? (i guessed it from you mentioning IELTS:biggrin:)
Reply 96
Original post by EszterS
Apparently they are 15-20 minutes away but we can always walk, or buy a bicycle or whatever. I don't think it worths around 4000 pounds to live closer to the main buildings so i don't have to walk:biggrin: Are you foreign? (i guessed it from you mentioning IELTS:biggrin:)

Yeah you're right! I'm from Hong Kong:smile: (People always think China = HK yet there is a big difference in-between!! Anyway~) I think I'll be going to apply the smaller room in Reichel as 1st choice coz it costs much cheaper than other halls in Ffriddoedd site. My 2nd choice would be the halls in normal site. I have thought of riding bike if I'd live in normal site, but it seems that Bangor always in a heavy-rainning weather and strong wind (I don't know much about Bangor's weather actually, just heard from the members in others threads) :frown:
Reply 97
Yeah you're right! I'm from Hong Kong:smile: (People always think China = HK yet there is a big difference in-between!! Anyway~) I think I'll be going to apply the smaller room in Reichel as 1st choice coz it costs much cheaper than other halls in Ffriddoedd site. My 2nd choice would be the halls in normal site. I have thought of riding bike if I'd live in normal site, but it seems that Bangor always in a heavy-rainning weather and strong wind (I don't know much about Bangor's weather actually, just heard from the members in others threads) :frown:

Wow! Hong Kong:smile: I'm Hungarian, but I didn't have to do the IELTS because I went to Sixth Form here and did English:biggrin: I also thought about the smaller room in Reichel but they only have 4 of them, so the chances are small. Anyway, I don't think that the weather is that different from the rest of the UK, there might be a little bit more wind and rain because of the Menai Strait, but that's all. Good luck with getting the room you want to, but if you get a room in the Normal site, then tell me. I'm kind of afraid that no one really wants to live there:biggrin:
Reply 98
Original post by EszterS
Wow! Hong Kong:smile: I'm Hungarian, but I didn't have to do the IELTS because I went to Sixth Form here and did English:biggrin: I also thought about the smaller room in Reichel but they only have 4 of them, so the chances are small. Anyway, I don't think that the weather is that different from the rest of the UK, there might be a little bit more wind and rain because of the Menai Strait, but that's all. Good luck with getting the room you want to, but if you get a room in the Normal site, then tell me. I'm kind of afraid that no one really wants to live there:biggrin:

Hungarian - That's cool!:biggrin:I have to take IELTS coz I'm currently living and studying in HK (I haven't been to UK before, can't wait to come in Sep!) :wink:Yeah, the chances are soo small but I'll still try to apply it. I'll tell you if I get a room there.:wink: Which halls in the normal site do you prefer? Would you mind telling me which course did you apply? I'll be studying Music BMus here. :redface:
Reply 99
Hungarian - That's cool!:biggrin:I have to take IELTS coz I'm currently living and studying in HK (I haven't been to UK before, can't wait to come in Sep!) :wink:Yeah, the chances are soo small but I'll still try to apply it. I'll tell you if I get a room there.:wink: Which halls in the normal site do you prefer? Would you mind telling me which course did you apply? I'll be studying Music BMus here. :redface:

UK is cool:biggrin: you'll love it. It's always a bit hard to live somewhere else because of all the cultural **** and because learning english in your own country or talking to actual british people is always different. I prefer Seiriol:smile: and i applied for psychology with clinical and health psychology and psychology with neuropsychology but i'm going to choose psychology with clinical and health psychology because it's always fun to write down the course's name:biggrin: jk.

Quick Reply

Latest