The Student Room Group
Bangor University
Bangor University
Visit website

Bangor 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Anyone starting Adult or Mental health nursing in March in take 2014 on here?
Bangor University
Bangor University
Visit website
Reply 101
Original post by EszterS
UK is cool:biggrin: you'll love it. It's always a bit hard to live somewhere else because of all the cultural **** and because learning english in your own country or talking to actual british people is always different. I prefer Seiriol:smile: and i applied for psychology with clinical and health psychology and psychology with neuropsychology but i'm going to choose psychology with clinical and health psychology because it's always fun to write down the course's name:biggrin: jk.

Why you prefer Seiriol?:smile: I think I would choose Arfon coz it states that "overlooking the Menai Straits", I hope the window of my dorm can look at the sea
:redface: I'd like to choose Seiriol too if the window there is facing the seaside :redface:
Reply 102
Original post by chanelly

Why you prefer Seiriol?:smile: I think I would choose Arfon coz it states that "overlooking the Menai Straits", I hope the window of my dorm can look at the sea
:redface: I'd like to choose Seiriol too if the window there is facing the seaside :redface:

I only prefer Seiriol because it's bigger and has more rooms:biggrin: otherwise i don't really care if i live in Arfon or Seiriol. Seiriol probably has windows facing the seaside but there are other buildings between the Menai Strait and Seiriol so i don't know how much you can actually see:biggrin:
I've seen some comments over the past year about Reichel Halls and when I applied and got a room here in Reichel I was a bit sketchy about the place. However, it's the best decision I could've made. Shared showers/toilets are not a problem... I've never ever ha to wait for a shower and they're always clean. The good thing about Reichel is you have opportunity to walk around the whole building (if you have the floor codes) which means you aren't segregated into flats (which really helps if the people in your kitchen aren't your cup of tea). I probably know the majority of people in Reichel and its so social that I would go on a night out with any particular group in the building and feel comfortable. Yes, it is the 'last building on ffriddoedd site' but Enlii, peris and allaw are just a 10 second walk away. It's cheap and well worth the money as your room is a GOOD size, I was able to have a double blow up bed on my floor when friends visited and still had room. If you're worried about Reichel, don't be. It's honestly a brilliant choice to make :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 104
Original post by Charalicephelps9
I've seen some comments over the past year about Reichel Halls and when I applied and got a room here in Reichel I was a bit sketchy about the place. However, it's the best decision I could've made. Shared showers/toilets are not a problem... I've never ever ha to wait for a shower and they're always clean. The good thing about Reichel is you have opportunity to walk around the whole building (if you have the floor codes) which means you aren't segregated into flats (which really helps if the people in your kitchen aren't your cup of tea). I probably know the majority of people in Reichel and its so social that I would go on a night out with any particular group in the building and feel comfortable. Yes, it is the 'last building on ffriddoedd site' but Enlii, peris and allaw are just a 10 second walk away. It's cheap and well worth the money as your room is a GOOD size, I was able to have a double blow up bed on my floor when friends visited and still had room. If you're worried about Reichel, don't be. It's honestly a brilliant choice to make :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you for your input, it's very useful:biggrin: BTW, does it use key cards or just key for the dorm?
It's just a key for you room and then there's just codes for the entrance door and for each floor and the kitchens :smile:
Reply 106
Oh my gosh, took me so long to find post like this... I don't know why. Hi guys, I am from Hong Kong too. But I've been studying since year 10 till now in the UK (so like 4 years).

I'm going to do English Language and Linguistics at Bangor in this coming September I think.
Any of you know anyone who's doing this course as well??? It's so hard to find people who does this course...

Haven't confirmed yet where to live... I mean I have a friend who goes to Bangor and told me that it's worth the money to go to Fridd site, it's nicer...

I'm struggling...
Reply 107
Original post by bananaing
Oh my gosh, took me so long to find post like this... I don't know why. Hi guys, I am from Hong Kong too. But I've been studying since year 10 till now in the UK (so like 4 years).

I'm going to do English Language and Linguistics at Bangor in this coming September I think.
Any of you know anyone who's doing this course as well??? It's so hard to find people who does this course...

Haven't confirmed yet where to live... I mean I have a friend who goes to Bangor and told me that it's worth the money to go to Fridd site, it's nicer...

I'm struggling...

I'm not going to do English but personally i wouldn't spend £4000-£5000 on accommodation. It's only for a year and also you can find friends at Normal Site too:smile: (i'm going to live there) and you'll have more money to spend on food, leisures etc. This is my opinion you don't have to agree with it
Reply 108

I'm struggling...

Hi there, happy to know you're from HK too!!! : )
Reply 109
yes!! thats awesome! Which course are you going to study? have you made bangor as your first choice? looking forward to university!!
Reply 110
yes!! thats awesome! Which course are you going to study? have you made bangor as your first choice? looking forward to university!!

I'm going to study Music (BMus) :biggrin: Yea I've made Bangor as my firm choice :smile:
Reply 111
Original post by chanelly
I'm going to study Music (BMus) :biggrin: Yea I've made Bangor as my firm choice :smile:

Awesome! I'm studying English language and Linguistics but I haven't made a decision yet
Reply 112
Original post by annemarie92
Hello all, I've just applied to Bangor, Chester, Gloucester, Sheffield and Keele to study English, however Bangor is my first option and Gloucester is my insurance.

I sent my UCAS on the 23rd but still have this message:

23-10-2013 (08:29) Your application has been approved by your referee/coordinator.
23-10-2013 (08:29) Your reference has been completed and is waiting for approval.

Does this mean my tutor hasn't sent my reference? I really hope she doesn't leave it until after half term, because I've heard that Bangor start giving out early offers on the 2nd November.

Also, I wonder if I could pick the brains of any current university student...
You know how you have to pay a £300 deposit for your accommodation, Well, does this come out of your loan? Do you have to pay it right away or when you get there? I won't have £300 for accommodation at the end of July.

Which halls are closest to the English school? Do you enjoy living there? Do they have en-suite?

Lastly, is anyone applying for Bangor, Chester, Gloucester, Sheffield or Keele to study English in 2014?

Happy waiting :wink: x

WOW! I think I found someone who's doing English!!! I'm doing English in 2014 too :smile: Which exact course are you doing? cause there are quite a few courses, such as English Studies or English Language and Literature etc. I'm doing English Language and Linguistics.

I've also applied to Chester and got an offer, now I just need to go and visit there...decisions... Thinking to set Bangor as my firm choice
I am planning to do straight linguistics, I was thinking about english and linguistics but I find the linguistics side more interesting. Ive been accepted to birkbeck and uwe aswell but the choices of modules werent so great for them and bangor is a lot cheaper to live then bristol and london

Quick Reply

Latest