The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Edenr
If you go onto the fixtures screen, then below the list of upcoming fixtures there'll be 4 small boxes: 'Past Meetings', 'Cancel Friendly' (greyed out), 'Arrange Friendly', 'Show Next Fixture' (greyed out).

Fill in the details and away you go :yy:

You're brilliant. Thank you.
My Alt
Heh, thanks for the Frank reccommendation, Dalimyr. The turkish League "B" is awesome!

Basically, the first phase is only a nice, friendly 18 games long, and it's looking up for me right now. 6 games in, predicted to come 5th or lower, I'm sitting pretty in 3rd, threatening the top two spots that could possibly get me into the top 10, with a shot at promotion. (i won't get promoted this year, I feel at least two years worth of playing with the team, grooving and bringing in players will be necessary, but still)

i took over Cra Conieva or something in the Brazilian 3rd divison. But little did i know that Brazilian clubs play in two leagues. All very complicated stuff. I finished the first league season and finished 2nd. I'm about to play the play-off final now. then i start the second league season in 4 days time...
Well it didn't go to plan :frown:

Reply 5983
It does that sometimes, doesn't it. I was second, looking good for a good shot at promotion with 5 games to go. Everything was so tight at the top, I went on a bad run, and finished 7th. Now I have to pick my feet up and steer the team clear of relegation.
Reply 5984
Vintage

that is unlucky! You even had more clear cut chances then them! :eek:
Call me dull, but I've taken over Arsenal. However I'm doing the "Wenger Challenge". No player must be bought for over £13.75 million (Arsenal's transfer record according to the game); no player over the age of 24 must be bought, etc.

I've bought 22 million worth of youngsters in my first season (baring in mind Arsenal already have half of the world's best young talent). Some of my purchases included Blase Matuidi (I could have gone for Veloso, but he's too obvious); Sergio Asenjo (because Almunia is ****); Moussa Sissoko; Davide Santon; Henri Saivet; Ochirosii (probably the best, cheap player in the entire game).
Keeping your wage budged under the target amount is a great way to make money, and it does make a lot. So sign young players on low wages. :smile:

...winning things helps too.
Stu Laverty
Call me dull, but I've taken over Arsenal. However I'm doing the "Wenger Challenge". No player must be bought for over £13.75 million (Arsenal's transfer record according to the game); no player over the age of 24 must be bought, etc.

I've bought 22 million worth of youngsters in my first season (baring in mind Arsenal already have half of the world's best young talent). Some of my purchases included Blase Matuidi (I could have gone for Veloso, but he's too obvious); Sergio Asenjo (because Almunia is ****); Moussa Sissoko; Davide Santon; Henri Saivet; Ochirosii (probably the best, cheap player in the entire game).

No Bassong :-o
Reply 5988
Vintage

I was managing Goias at one point :biggrin: :p:

6 on target and 6 goals!? Who did you have in goal, a striker!?
Sell KaKa and Torres :awesome:
Vintage
No Bassong :-o

Too old :o:

Nah, I'm liking the looks of Djourou in defence for Arsenal. Plus Bassong is a bit too much money for backup CB, especially for Arsenal - and I don't know if he'd sign because he only just joined Newcastle.

Arshavin can't get a game already :rofl: Nasri, Walcott, Vela and RVP all take his position.

I love my tactic at the moment. A 4-1-2-2-1, with the Wingers all Strikers by trade, like Saivet, Walcott, Van Persie and Vela - none of them are actually wingers. It's a very useful tactic, as their crossing is set to rarely (odd for a winger), but they've contributed 13 goals between them in 13 games from the wings. Adebayor, bless him, is always injured but has given me 5 goals in his 6 games. Wish he could stay fit :frown:
Reply 5991
Cowboy Dan
Keeping your wage budged under the target amount is a great way to make money, and it does make a lot. So sign young players on low wages. :smile:

...winning things helps too.

Look at the piccies further down in the thread. The wage budget was £3m a week, and she was "only" spending £1.7m a week, but still can't afford it.
Dalimyr
Look at the piccies further down in the thread. The wage budget was £3m a week, and she was "only" spending £1.7m a week, but still can't afford it.

I sort of skim read the topic. Sowwy. :awesome:
Adebayor seems to be unnaturally good in the game, the stats for him always come up as scoring like 23 in 25 which is ridiculous. Silly Silly Game.

I'm coming into my third season with Chelsea now, won the Quadruple last year which was an achievement although my squad is rather strong it could use strengthening as it's ageing a tad:

Cech

Cole
Terry
Alex
Bosingwa/Santon
Moutinho
Essien
Lampard
Mata
J. Cole
Drogba

Signed Vucinic and Aguero neither of whom had a brilliant season last year although Aguero did score some vital goals. Vucinic is starting to become quite deadly. Got Zhirkov on rotation with Mata basically both are brililant. Jovetic, Balotelli, Adu, Sakho, Diego are my young blood trying to come through to replace the older guys)

Yet it seems Ashley Cole is determined to move to Arsenal and Alex wants to go too, anyone got any ideas about some good centre backs/left backs? Sakho will probably take Alex's place but could use some backup as Mancienne doesn't fill me with confidence.
Reply 5994
Mancienne's pretty damn good, in my opinion. Signed him second season for Liverpool and he had a stormer, at both CB and RB.
I've often wondered why Theo Walcott is valued so highly on the game, because his stats don't look impressive other than his speed. But look at the attribute increase recently, and his stats for this season :eek:

Spoiler

:adore:
Reply 5996
Walcott's value regularly gets as high as £25m, even when he's having a poor season... I find it a bit odd.
Edenr
Walcott's value regularly gets as high as £25m, even when he's having a poor season... I find it a bit odd.

Well, my tactic for wingers (in one of my previous post for this page) has really brought out the best in him. Here's the individual settings for him - he's just been sensational.

Spoiler

Spent 8 million on Higuain in January because Milan wanted to buy Senderos (oh dear, what a shame). Like it matters that I lost Senderos - I have Nordtveit :yep:
Three horse race for the Premiership this season (my first). I'm glad because: a) I wasn't expecting to keep up with Man Utd and Chelsea so early; b) I'm pretty much certain to get a top 3 finish, which was my main goal. I can't see anyone but Utd winning it though - look at their For and Again (the best in the league for both):

Spoiler

But so far so good. However, there's three matches in a row here which were just ... frustrating. Very very frustrating, to the point that I was so angry at my players. See if you can guess which 3 games:

Spoiler

How did you get Kaka, Torres and Cech so early on?

Latest