The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

you have to sign sergio araujo!

even if your playing for a lower league side, i bought him for 275k

and 3 seasons down the line, juventus have made me a 12million offer :biggrin:
Original post by Kevmeister
I never had to go looking for a contract extension, and always got more than a measly year. Villa is just stupendous, better scoring record than Messi despite having less time on the pitch. :adore:

I kept getting the same news item about my board being worried about losing me and how keen they were to sign me up after the season. Every single week :colonhash: Got tiresome so I just asked for a new one myself, needless to say they were delighted with me agreeing :proud:
Reply 9582
I've had dodgy contract things on some of the old games, must be a glitch. I'd have the best Utd team, like ever, and be winning trophy after trophy year after year while making a profit and i'd still have to go asking the board for a new deal because they just didn't.
OOOH, and the first ridiculous ex-player managerial appointment of my save goes to...

Michael Owen at Chievo :woohoo:
Nothing to do with players but my favourite ridiculous appointment is Sam Allardyce at Arsenal :rofl2:
Original post by Colbert
Barca have Lukaku on my save, they are ridiculous tbh. Assume it's like that on everyone's saves though.

In the league (goals/games):
Villa 19/29
Messi 18/28
Bojan 12/11
Lukaku 6/8

Messi is also on £275,000 pw :eek4:

Bojan has 1/15 for me, and that was a pen. :facepalm2:

Villa and Messi are around the 65mins/goal mark. I've signed Dzeko so am trying to loan out Bojan. Jeffren is a pretty good winger, decent backup to have.
Original post by Eru Iluvatar
I personally wouldn't... I'm not sure how exactly how the equation for club reputation works (apart from the obvious, wins, good performances etc), but if he's only good enough for league 2, he's likely to just be an expensive drain on your finances. I'd always just invest on strengthening the squad, youth if possible, letting the results come, and then reputation develop.

Ah fair enough, i'll probably stick it out until I can afford someone good enough then, think the average age of my squad is 21, still seem to be progressing quite well though!
Steve McClaren england manager for about the 6th time on my game

the games gets different when you get far in, what 2026 now, just missed out on the play off by 2 points, seeing as i had just come up from league 1, finally the club is making money now

Wigan are now in league 2, a few championship teams have dropped out off league football
Just won League Two, I wish I was lying when I said Queen is playing on my laptop :teeth:
The league is so mine to lose now. I'm playing well away, my defence is watertight, banging them in at the other end, I've got at least 2 players for every position on the field.

Now to wait for the losing streak :colonhash:
Original post by Seanisonfire
The league is so mine to lose now. I'm playing well away, my defence is watertight, banging them in at the other end, I've got at least 2 players for every position on the field.

Now to wait for the losing streak :colonhash:

Never post things like this you idiot :facepalm2:

20 games without a win coming up ffs.
I keep drawing with crap teams on my game as Galatasaray and it's annoying me :redface:
Original post by Colbert

Original post by Colbert
Never post things like this you idiot :facepalm2:

20 games without a win coming up ffs.

:bawling: next game is home to Villa :teeth:

if you've cursed me :angry:
Binned my Salisbury save on FM09, and started one as Weymouth.

Managed to clear out some players and brought in Markus Wagner on a free transfer from Grevenmacher, as well as Adnan Ahmed on loan. Lost to Brighton 5-1 in a friendly, but beat Solihull and Cliftonville.
Just started a new game as Tottenham, and Shearer's taken over as Blackburn boss. Interesting... :holmes:
Starting to get a little pissed off with agents 'negotiations'. Seems pretty pointless, when they wont actually negotiate at all, just put up what they want over and over again.

Not accepting any excessive demands though, plenty more players in the sea.
Original post by Eru Iluvatar
Starting to get a little pissed off with agents 'negotiations'. Seems pretty pointless, when they wont actually negotiate at all, just put up what they want over and over again.

Not accepting any excessive demands though, plenty more players in the sea.

Negotiate the player's signing-on fee downwards, leave the agent's fee as it was and that usually works. Wages can be hit and miss, but are worth negotiating, unless the player inexplicably wants less.
Original post by Kevmeister
Negotiate the player's signing-on fee downwards, leave the agent's fee as it was and that usually works. Wages can be hit and miss, but are worth negotiating, unless the player inexplicably wants less.

Tried pretty much every combination, but always seems to follow the same pattern. They make offer, i make one a fair bit lower, then they come up with the lowest they will actually go, and wont negotiate any further (even if i'm dropping just wage increase percentage, or wage amount, or anything even by one notch, they just go back to what it was).
I'm on 30th June and fighting higher rep clubs for free transfers, so I'm just agreeing whatever the player and agent wants in the hope they'll join me instead of better clubs. I am going to be in some serious financial turmoil ffs :facepalm2:

Has anyone got Ridsdale's home phone number :holmes:
You have Mauricio Taricco who speaks <language#1>... wtf?

Anyway January transfer window, upped my aim to winning the league. As i've lost a few of my loan signings, have brought in some players. Dale Bennett and Daniel Ayala on loan, three wingers (Van Der Meyde on a cheap deal till the end of the season, and Depetris and Assulin on longer term deals), and Westlake as RB cover. Need a striker (my best 3 are all injured for a while) and central midfielder, then should have the proper depth.

Latest