The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Got into 6th place, so just about made it into the playoffs (Leeds beat me 1-0, but Sheff Utd lost as well)... played Bristol City, beat them 2-1 in the first leg, but lost 2-0 in the second.

Rather relieved, don't think my side is quite ready for the premiership.

Roll on next season!
Roberto Carlos's stats are insane for a 37 year old. His acceleration is still 15 :zomg:
Reply 9902
I often get offered jobs I think i've been with my Southampton save for around 7 seasons now, perhaps 6. I think i've been offered several jobs in the BBVA and Serie B. I recently got offered the Athletico Madrid job which I was surprised at (they were ranked #1 in the world at this point.) I didn't take and am currently about to play Galatasary in the Champions League Best Placed Play Off :biggrin:! I lost but my comp crashed and it didn't save, fortunately!
Madness...utter madness...

Reply 9904
Original post by OceanInTheSky

How do I take pictures of the game? Whenever I try and printscreen it doesn't work.

http://i52.tinypic.com/cix6f.jpg

I know, why would you offer £52mil for Benayoun?!
Can't believe I've never seen this thread before. I'm in 2016. Managing Bristol Rovers, won all 4 possible trophies last season and this season I'm England manager too :biggrin:
Original post by Peachz
How do I take pictures of the game? Whenever I try and printscreen it doesn't work.

Alt+ F9 then it saves it in your Sports Interactive folder.
Original post by Wednesday Bass
I know, why would you offer £52mil for Benayoun?!

Best player in the world blud.
Reply 9909

Thank you very much!
Reply 9910

It doesn't appear to be working. Where abouts should it save?
Original post by Peachz
It doesn't appear to be working. Where abouts should it save?

Documents -> Sports Interactive -> Football Manager 2010 -> Screenshots

End of season breakdown (2011-2012).

Premiership: Chelsea champions, Man Utd second, Arsenal third (only three points separating the top 3) Liverpool fourth.
Aston Villa, West Ham, Notts Forest relegated.

Championship: Birmingham, Wigan and Bristol City promoted (me 6th)
Barnsley, Scunthorpe and Millwall relegated.

League 1: Swindon, Brentford and Huddersfield promoted
Hartlepool, Walsall, Port Vale and Morecombe relegated.

League 2: Exeter, Southend, Notts Co and Torquay promoted
Stevenage and Wrexham relegated.

Sixth place in the end... Finished on 76 points... Birmingham and Wigan ran away with it, 94 points each, and Bristol City on 90.

My top scorers: Brandy (18 goals in 38 games and 7 substitute appearances)... my second place scorer is my CB Greer with 9 (which shows the forward problems i had this season)... 7 for Bennett (RM), Iriekpen (CB) and Moussilou (ST)

Other significant figures: Bennett 20 assists, Bennett and Iriekpen 6 Mom performances

Season analysis: Finished better than i thought, and was a mixture of disappointed and relieved by my loss in the playoffs. Start of season was aiming for mid table, and switched up in January to the top half... had been as high as third throughout the season, but was very close between 4th and 7th to finish off the season. Was disappointed by quite a few players though. Switched between two formations, 4-4-2 and 4-5-1 (with advanced wingers) over the season.

Player analysis: My new signing for this season was an improvement on Angergren for certain, but still not too reliable. Was really my first choice defence which gave me a reasonable defensive record, and my team suffered when there were injuries or suspensions (particularly at RB, with Calderon out for a fair while, and Westlake utter tripe)... My signing of Mtshali in January sured up my back-up in defence, and seems a good buy for the future, where Nordveit was only average when i used him in the first half of the season. In midfield, with Assulin who was performing well pre-season injured for the whole season, Duarte and Guomundsson switched between the role of LM/LW, but neither made the role theirs... RM was Bennett's while he was fit, despite his poor stats, he just makes goals happen. Sivebaek was adequate back-up. In the middle, i mixed around a bit. Morrison and Cox were my starting pairing, but i switched Cox for Mezague fairly quickly. When i played 4-5-1, Bridcutt also featured in the DM role... later on in the season, Morrison was underperforming, so mixed it up between Nemeth, Lopez and Alberto (the latter two are probably gone this summer, but Nemeth has potential). Up front, Brandy was good but inconsistent, Moussilou was poor, Roberts had a few good games, but had too many bad games... and neither Barnes (who was great last season, but anonymous this season) or Styvar did anything... Signing of Rivaldo on loan in January was useless too, he did very little.

Team of the season (imo)
Hajduch
Calderon, Greer, Iriekpen, Traore
Bridcutt
Morrison, Mezague
Bennett - - - - - - - - - - - Duarte
Brandy

Ideal summer transfer activity.
In: Replacement/challenger for current keeper, good back-up RB, at least two good strikers, and probably a LM/LW. High potential youngers too! (hate how hard it is to get work permits at this level).

Out: Moussilou, Barnes, Styvar and Painter are out on frees. Want to sell Sparrow, Alberto, Lopez, Westlake... couple of players going on frees who are no use to me (Rivaldo and Trundle)... Maybe Petrucci, Battipiedi, and maybe even Assulin as he might have lost a step after an 11 month injury.

:smug:

:adore: Best 4m I ever spent

Bit annoyed that strikers on hat tricks take penalties, regardless of the order you've set. Especially as both times it's happened to me they've missed :colonhash:
(edited 13 years ago)
Roberto Carlos's on this game :yy: always a great buy for west ham, the board even took over the transfer and allowed it, he becomes a good coach as well

the whole players on hat tricks take penalties is annoying, its ok if they are good at them, but when its a defender

just drew with barca 0-0 in the Europa League
Was tempted to get him as back up for Barca :smug: though I'm not sure how that'd play out, what with the Madrid thing and all...

But yeah, Sissoko, Araujo and Musacchio in. Sent Sissoko on a weeks holiday as soon as he got here because he was knackered. Playing as Barca is like a constant wet dream.
Wenger retired... cool.

And newcastle offered me the job there... good transfer fund, but too many players on excessive wages.

Anyway, want to get my brighton team to the top!... eventually.

Transfer activity has been brisk so far... Signed Delaney (14 year old with reasonable potential), Blanc, Myklebust (both strikers with lots of room to improve), Zakuani (young GK... James retired after agreeing to a one year contract with me... trying to sue the bastard! in the mean time, still need another), Ezequiel (reasonable LM with cheap wages).

Sold Sparrow, Westlake, Battipiedi and Petrucci (with sell-on clauses)... net spend -25k which is cool.

Also got Coquelin on loan from Arsenal... would have preferred someone like Ramsey, but ah well!

Alberto, Moussilou, Barnes, Styvar and Painter are all gone tomorrow, with Nielson (very cheap back-up RB) coming in, and Frau (who lists me as favourite personell, even though he was with me for one season, and i barely played him), having good coaching stats, and available for cheap too.

Still got offers going for half a dozen players... one hugely talented RB/CB who would blow a large chunk of my 5 million transfer fund... Need a more experienced striker too, and considering the best way to strengthen my wings, but thats about it.
Original post by Eru Iluvatar

Original post by Eru Iluvatar
Wenger retired... cool.

And newcastle offered me the job there... good transfer fund, but too many players on excessive wages.

Anyway, want to get my brighton team to the top!... eventually.

Transfer activity has been brisk so far... Signed Delaney (14 year old with reasonable potential), Blanc, Myklebust (both strikers with lots of room to improve), Zakuani (young GK... James retired after agreeing to a one year contract with me... trying to sue the bastard! in the mean time, still need another), Ezequiel (reasonable LM with cheap wages).

Sold Sparrow, Westlake, Battipiedi and Petrucci (with sell-on clauses)... net spend -25k which is cool.

Also got Coquelin on loan from Arsenal... would have preferred someone like Ramsey, but ah well!

Alberto, Moussilou, Barnes, Styvar and Painter are all gone tomorrow, with Nielson (very cheap back-up RB) coming in, and Frau (who lists me as favourite personell, even though he was with me for one season, and i barely played him), having good coaching stats, and available for cheap too.

Still got offers going for half a dozen players... one hugely talented RB/CB who would blow a large chunk of my 5 million transfer fund... Need a more experienced striker too, and considering the best way to strengthen my wings, but thats about it.

Can you sue players?!
Reply 9918
Unbeaten record went at Stamford Bridge in my 17th game. Dodgy penalty won it for them :colonhash:

13 wins, 3 draws, 1 loss. 42 points. 1 behind Utd but 10 ahead of third, a two way battle between Man Utd and Spurs :sogood:

Came second in my CL group behind Bayern, would have won it if Schweinsteiger hadn't scored an offside goal in injury time to equalise at their place. 2-2 draw but I was all over them. Drew Real Madrid in the last 16 :sexface:

VDV has been great, 12 in 22. Lennon has also chipped in with 9, although my highest scoring striker is Carroll with just 5. Eden Hazard is quality, been playing him AML because Bale has been reduced to 3 games through injury. He'll be back soon though :dice:

Happy enough with my team. Need a striker to take me do the next level, it's just like irl :awesome:
Original post by Seanisonfire
Can you sue players?!

No, was just an expression of my frustration at him agreeing a deal then retiring.

Latest